Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    K-Pro for only running 5psi??? Autronic/motec?? get real!! even having a GT35R and run it 5psi would be a very expensive ecu to use when you're not making the most potential out of it.

You have options, run AEM F/IC is a piggyback so you retain you obd2 OR convert to OBD1 via harness and get p06 or p28 with hondata S100 or S200 or S300. Hondata S300 installed on P28 goes off for $750 shipped. Bought mine of bisimoto.

I would love using AEM F/IC for obd2 coz it can retard timing only (for boost) and it can adjust fuel.

Most cheapskate just run a bigger injector and aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.

Um dude ive been researching how to turbo a D17 for the last 2 years b4 i got mine done and the only ECUs that will work are the very expensive ones or K-pro or AEM F/IC.

S100 to 300 will not work as it will not work with out motors, if u got to the hondata web site it had D17 and its under the K-pro section

even if he still wants to just run 5 psi he still need a stand alone ecu, if he rums a piggy back ecu the stock 1 will over ride it in 2 or 3 months.

he still needs all the parts like bigger injectors, ect.

and i dunno y he would run a GT35 as the motor is way to small for that turbo, the biggest he will need is a GT28 for what he wants.

riced knows what his talking about when it comes to the d17 turbos, he's had his done for his ES and is running a treat with many many months, years of research before going ahead with his project.

as he mentioned above, the d17 ECU cannot run a standalone/piggyback ecu because eventually the tune will be overidden by the stock ECu hence the need for a dc5R/S ECU with kpro and aem's adjustable cam gear. this also means that any bolt on mods such as header, downpipe, catback make little difference in the long run as the ECU will retune itself to have better emissions and fuel efficiency. i learnt this the hard way after spending lots of $$ on bolt on mods with minimal gains, if any at all in the long run.

there is also a guy in the UK who knows alot about D17 turbos - speedfoos. you can find him on other honda forums like 7thgenhonda.com, civicforums.com, d-series.org. he'll point you in the right direction.

good luck with the boost project!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™