Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

What sorta turbo kits for a D17Z1

hey hey, ive been recommended to brands such as peak boost... but i was wondering if anyone had any idea on like the acutal model or kits i should be looking at.

im planning to run 5psi tops, i have a hks manifold already from a friend already, so what else i be looking to get?

Turbo Timer
    Intercooler
    Piping
    Turbo
    Dump

please let me know if i missed anything

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    peakboost is great but they are abit expensive if u got the money then thats great buy the kit which comes with the ramhorn manifold i believe..

if ur on abit of a budget then i recommend AFI turbo kit.. but if your mocking a kit yourself
    then everything you said is a start.. obv what you need is bigger brakes, oil line to your oil pan, BOV or not, ECU <<< need a good one dude hondata s300 or crome

thats all about it and money and patience

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    mm yeah, thanks, well im in no rush, gotta get off my P's first so wont be for like 12 -18 months including money wise, do u have any idea howm uch the hondata s300 is?

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    only K-pro will work on teh D17s, u need to get a DC5 ecu and u need the aem tru cam gear for it to work.

unless u want the more expensive Autronic or Motec

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    only K-pro will work on teh D17s, u need to get a DC5 ecu and u need the aem tru cam gear for it to work.

unless u want the more expensive Autronic or Motec
    K-Pro for only running 5psi??? Autronic/motec?? get real!! even having a GT35R and run it 5psi would be a very expensive ecu to use when you're not making the most potential out of it.

You have options, run AEM F/IC is a piggyback so you retain you obd2 OR convert to OBD1 via harness and get p06 or p28 with hondata S100 or S200 or S300. Hondata S300 installed on P28 goes off for $750 shipped. Bought mine of bisimoto.

I would love using AEM F/IC for obd2 coz it can retard timing only (for boost) and it can adjust fuel.

Most cheapskate just run a bigger injector and aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    D series - Hondata or PFC will work a charm

5PSI - anything like a GT28 will be fine, most Ds don't rev that high
    Just keep the log manifold, a small intercooler.
    Prob don't even need to bother with the injectors, at most a new fuel pressure reg

Is this on an EU civic? interested as i've been thinking of boosting the gf's car
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    you'll probably need to change your injectors and fuel pump too
    Less is More

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    ey, thanks limbo, what brand/make is the GT28??

the turbo isnt for the EU, i used to drive the EU till mother nature threw a branch thru my windscreen and putting me into 2 poles last month, this is a 7th gen ES, non vtec, im looking for a bit of extra torque and pull

but the EU should be easier to turbo then the ES, its SOHC vtec after all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    vtec doesn't matter with turbos. With 5 PSI you shouldn't need to change the injectors or fuel pump. Your only gonna be making like 100kwatw at most. (i've seen D16s make like 110 at 6PSI without the need for bigger injectors or fuel pump)

Garrett GT28r if you can afford it.
    You can also use others but make sure you use a well branded turbo and not a cheap china one or you will regret it.

EU/ES shouldn't be much difference.

If your only after abit of torque, a b18 or b16 would be close to the mark also.
    Then boost them you'll have more potential.

With a D series your gonna be limited with wat you can do after you get the boost bug

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    mmm the car's pretty new so i wont be looking at a engine conversion for a while, im waiting for my dad to switch cars so i can take his k24 out of his cr-v sport ^^"

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    you want the k24 out of the Accord. The one out of the CRV is the crappier one.

But yeah K series is good, just abit more expensive.

But wack on the turbo it would be fun, then you just want more.

I'm looking into rebuilding my b series to get 200kw atw+++

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    ahh i c.. thanks for the update, im new to the whole car thing,,lol 200 atw...gg T_T" i can only dream of that amount of power at the moment.....

good luck with that rebuild man, its gonna be a awesome peice of work after its done =]