Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    berry old Int- tig rah
    Hi,

There could actually be 3 possible reason, it happened to me and I actually had all 3 problems.

- Rear strut bar was put on the wrong way around and started to tap the b-pipe (Don't ask me how the previous owner manage to put the rear strut bar the other way around)

- Rear left brake line harness bolt snapped and cable was loose, it was making metal to metal sound. (Cable tied it and put a sticky tape around the metal for that night to satisfy my ears, week after I replaced the snapped bolt and screwed the cable back.)

- Spare donut tyre screw holder must be loose, tighten it to the max, because they tend to get loose while driving your car on fkd up roads. Vibration loosen's the screw.
    ... +1 rep rep Hoooray! for the good good help....

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    IMO your drive way might be high up on an angle so when you go up, your chassis is under stress . For a 10 year old + car, the chassis is in no doubt weaker than what they were once out of the factory lols. My one squeaked back then untill i installed a rear chassis reinforcement such as an x bar.

come on guys, a bit of common sense.

anything loose back there can make noises.

you'll have to check and tighten every single nut, bolt & clip to get rid of....... even then its still no guarantee that its all going to be quiet.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    agreed^^^
    btw guys add on from my prev post, i wd40'd the screws for my rear bumper n the sound went but i cant garrentee its d same prob for u guys but wnt hurt, its easy access to it anyway jst under the rear gaurds the are screwed upside down

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what a rattling noise that comes from the rear left of a dc2?
    Happens when going over tiny bumps.
    Also to add on, there's nothing loose in my boot.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Could be suspension related for eg, top hats are old, bushings, shocks etc

It also definitely could be interior. The metal clips that hold them in place some times squeaks and grinds against the bracket that hold the trim to the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Thanks for the reply. Although I have stripped my interior many times, made sure every clip was attached.
    Had basically put in brand new HSD coils in, so i doubt it could be that.
    Any other ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    rev the car on the sport and see if u hear anything rattling..

maybe u dropped a screw or something inside ur interior? lol...

either that or squeaking usually from suspension or bushings...

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    Bushings or chassis flexing

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Nope nothing was dropped or left in the interior. Literally emptied it out.

Quote Originally Posted by hotcheese View Post
    Nope nothing was dropped or left in the interior. Literally emptied it out.
    I'll throw something from left field- you running rear sway bars?

I've welded two different cars up with subframe cracks. Right around the sway bars mounts.

One was cracked in about an inch long- the 2nd- was about 1/2" short of totally breaking out the mounts (think "C" shaped cracks) on both sides. Both cars running aftermarket sway bars.

Both cracks were hard to see without the sway bar mounts removed.

One was creaking when turning off the road and up a driveway. Think of trying to sneak up a setup of old stairs at night.. Creeeeeeak. I originally assumed it was dried out grease/dirt on the poly bushes (thus how I discovered the cracking).

Other one- had a definitive clicking noise to it as the weight transfered back n forth on a driveway. But It also had a bit of a rattle on rougher roads. Originally I thought it was something loose. Tightened the rear bumper. Checked the boot and spoiler. Before realising and checking suspension and subframe.

Something different to try- jack up one side of the car see- what moans and groans.

Tex.