Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 CU2

Scratched CU2 - Panel beater recommendations

Evening all,

*sigh* soo sooo depressed atm. After having such a wonderful day the CU2 got scratched

The scratches are located on the rear bumper bar on the driver side. They're not deep just purely cosmetic and upon inspection i believe it can be fixed by a sand down and a respray.

Can anyone recommend a decent panel beater/painter around Western sydney and a rough estimate (if possible) of how much it may cost? The scratches result from a mild collision to a wooden pole while reversing. No dents just scratches.

Considering taking it to Trivett Honda in Blacktown as it is closest to home but just wondering on other peoples recommendations.

Thanks in advance guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_s2k View Post
    Evening all,

*sigh* soo sooo depressed atm. After having such a wonderful day the CU2 got scratched

The scratches are located on the rear bumper bar on the driver side. They're not deep just purely cosmetic and upon inspection i believe it can be fixed by a sand down and a respray.

Can anyone recommend a decent panel beater/painter around Western sydney and a rough estimate (if possible) of how much it may cost? The scratches result from a mild collision to a wooden pole while reversing. No dents just scratches.

Considering taking it to Trivett Honda in Blacktown as it is closest to home but just wondering on other peoples recommendations.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Sorry to hear that man.

But when you say not deep, what do you mean exactly?
    Through the clearcoat or through paint as well?

IMO, I dont think its worth repairing if its a small scratch.
    If you take it to a panel beater they'll either:
    1.) Sand area and respray section only ~ Couple hundred $
    2.) Respray whole rear bar ~ Few hundred $

Touch-up paint not an option?
    If you want you really want to fix it, dont take it to the Honda dealer, they'll just recommend whoever they have business alliances with.
    I know a decent panel beater but they're in the inner-west area.
    PM me if you want their details.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    I've used these people in Rydalmere, they're very good:

http://www.prestigeautosalon.com.au/

I know that these guys do a fair bit of dealer work, and detailing for car launches etc.

If you're lucky and the scratch is small enough that it doesn't really catch your fingernail, the scratch may not have penetrated the clear coat, and it might be possible to repair without respray. But if you hit a pole, it's more likely you'd need to respray the bar.

Good luck,

- HZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    Evening all,

Thanks in advance guys.
    Maybe a polish will fix them, if they are not that deep. Post some pics

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRambo View Post
    Maybe a polish will fix them, if they are not that deep. Post some pics
    Agreed.Post pics.If it's only minor those mobile bumper repair guys will be able to fix it at reasonable cost($150.00 approx)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '09 CU2
    Thanx for all the input guys. I'll grab a couple of quotes from the places that you guys have mentioned and some others that i've been getting from other people. So far 1 quote from mobile bumper repair guy at $250.

A polish is not going to fix it as it has cut right into the paint :'(

There are basically three areas on the bumper where it is scratched.

First area: Basically middle of the bumper (just above my tow bar) and it has cut right into the paint and is roughly 5cmx10cm.

Second area: To the driver side. minor scratching and once again cut into the paint. roughly 2cmx5cm.

Third area: Just on the corner of the bumper on driver side. 2 small scratches. Approximately 1cmx3cm each.

I'll post some pics up this weekend once i've given the car a good wash and maybe a closer look at the extent of the damage.

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    So you can compare... my scratch here - $700 at a panel beaters .
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 LUX NAV
    Thanx for all the input guys. I'll grab a couple of quotes from the places that you guys have mentioned and some others that i've been getting from other people. So far 1 quote from mobile bumper repair guy at $250.

A polish is not going to fix it as it has cut right into the paint :'(

There are basically three areas on the bumper where it is scratched.

First area: Basically middle of the bumper (just above my tow bar) and it has cut right into the paint and is roughly 5cmx10cm.

Second area: To the driver side. minor scratching and once again cut into the paint. roughly 2cmx5cm.

Third area: Just on the corner of the bumper on driver side. 2 small scratches. Approximately 1cmx3cm each.

I'll post some pics up this weekend once i've given the car a good wash and maybe a closer look at the extent of the damage.
    Mate,

If you are going to fix em maybe you can check these guys too: http://www.scratchmagic.com.au/

Just got the link from one of the other posts, dont have any impression from these guys, but try

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    I wouldn't trust a mobile guy, as the paint should really be done in a booth to keep dust out of the paint layers and get the best results, eg match orange peel. The mobile guy may just use a coloured quick drying paint, and may not use clear coat. The Honda has clear coated 2-stage paint, you want to make sure the repairer uses the same process, which is why it's expensive to fix properly.

- HZ

Quote Originally Posted by nickxau View Post
    So you can compare... my scratch here - $700 at a panel beaters .
    That's insane! Did they respray both doors or something? It seems quite excessive for a scratch like that.

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    I've got an email from the guys BatRambo recommended regarding the painting technique HZ said but dunno if I'm allowed to post it here. Can some moderator advise?

These guys were very helpful and honest but it was also because of what they said that I ended up going to a panel beater (due to the particular characteristic of my scratch).
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ

Member Array
    Car:
    SeeYou2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken-f View Post
    That's insane! Did they respray both doors or something? It seems quite excessive for a scratch like that.
    That's what they did alright... a proper job .

I still curse the f**ker that did that to my car whenever I think about it!
    (づ ̄3 ̄)づ