Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet

exhaust from cat

just wanting to know for the people who have got exhaust's from the cat back.. what size pipeing have you got.. would 2.25 be alright? on a euro?

cheers.

Do a bit of a search. It's not that hard.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...xhaust+catback

Thats just one result. One guy has a 2.5". So 2.25 should be fine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet
    apparently 2.25 is close to what a stock exhaust is for the euro... so Im goin 2.5.. should be alright with the new mufflers and everything...

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    EG K24's run 3 inch...
    I guess it depends on what you will do in the future... or whats already done...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Magic carpet
    all Im doing to my euro is a injen cai and this exhaust.. you rekon I'll be right with the 2.5 inch from the cat?..

that darkii_ guy has one for sale in Brisbane. Ask him if he will send it (dunno where you live)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=injen

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Are you just looking for the sound?
    If you're looking for performance go headers + cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 FN2R, 09 FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathn View Post
    all Im doing to my euro is a injen cai and this exhaust.. you rekon I'll be right with the 2.5 inch from the cat?..
    to be honest, if all you have is an injen intake, installing a 2.25 or 2.5 inch catback will almost result in no performance gain, ive tried it before and felt no difference.

Even a high flow cat would give you more gain, and like others have said change the headers and you will definately feel a huge difference. If you are after sound, you can change the mufflers.

But in regarding to your question, a 2.5 inch setup is better as it will give you more flow, but i think you should change your catback after you change your headers/cat because no point having a bottleneck in between, if you dont plan to change headers than dont bother changing catback, it will be a waste of money

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 RB3 Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathn View Post
    just wanting to know for the people who have got exhaust's from the cat back.. what size pipeing have you got.. would 2.25 be alright? on a euro?

cheers.

you are asking inner diameter or outer diameter of pipe?

japanese catback normally measured using inner diameter.

local made usually is using outer diameter.

so you will get two answer from two perspective
    Web: www.jdmconcept.com.au

Email: sales@jdmconcept.com.au

Like our Facebook page and get the latest special offer and news update

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    the stock exhaust has good flow..so no need 2 change if ur afta performance..as many others have said do headers and cat first to improve performance. changing de cat for me made the most noticeable difference.

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    my muffler guy told me the Exhaust is fine as is and making it bigger is a waste of time and money but the mufflers at the back restrict it and changing them will make it sound nicer but also improve Ever so slightly

i have just muffler done at the moment and Extractors and Cat will be next some time lol

just dont know what brands to get and such
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by oongie View Post
    EG K24's run 3 inch...
    I guess it depends on what you will do in the future... or whats already done...
    +1
    From what I've read, these iVTEC's love big pipes....
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F