Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exedy racing clutch stage 2 and exedy light weight flywheel combo

Ok since there hasn't been any information on this, most people had exedy stage 1, exedy organic sport heavy duty clutch, ORC etc.. I though I might create this thread.

Here is what just arrived this morning!

Clutch: Exedy stage 2 3puck ceramic/metal clutch. DC5R application. Part number 08951
    Flywheel: Exedy light weight flywheel. DC5R application. Part number HF02T

Got them for quite reasonable price from gripforce. Shipping only took 3-4 days!
    Will get them installed sometime next week, after I receive the EuroR helical LSD. I will give a review how I find it compared to ORC clutch/flywheel combo I had.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Looks like the updated the flywheel? My HF02 looks very different to your HF02T.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    nice purchase cant wait to see the car back on the road

Yep Aaron, however they both still weigh the same though. Same price too.
    Will be getting my car back anytime soon. Tomorrow or Thursday crossed fingers. Cant wait!

Just got the clutch/flywheel done today and I am very impressed.
    The mechanic told me my old ORC clutch was over-torqued on some bolts. The ORC was completely gone. Left with heaps of dust in there. Was told transmission oil was very black. My car only has done 34,000KM LOL. They had replaced all the tranny oil and clutch fluid as well. EuroR LSD was also installed. Before I made the payment for labour, I was warned that this Exedy 3puk would make noise, when launching and reverse. The mechanic also said it would be hard to take off and it needs some time to get used to. I was like, Ok..then made the payment and approached to my car.

First, I noticed the clutch pedal is not as hard as the ORC. It is a bit stiffer than stock but clutch engage point is very low. Lower than the ORC. I am not sure if the mechanic had changed the engage point.

Then, I launched the car. I didn't find it hard this time. There was no shudder, no stalling, nothing. I was amazed at how easy to launch this clutch compare to ORC. ORC kept shudder all the time and took me months to get used to. This exedy clutch is veryyyyyyyyyyyy quite. I can not hear any clutch noise. Very much like stock to me. Unlike the noisy ORC, it made noise all the way from launching, cruizing, and reversing LOL. I am not sure if it was a false in installation or the clutch itself.

I haven't pushed it hard yet coz I wanna run it in a bit. Haven't done high rev etc. But let me tell you it feels like a very different car now. It feels like the car has heaps more torque some how. Feels a lot more responsive too.
    At the moment. I am very happy and I think I made the right decision replacing the ORC with the exedy 3puk. It all worth it. Not hard to drive, very bitey, responsive, quiet, and only a bit more expensive than sports organic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Great thread Kit..

I'm thinking of doing the same but using the exedy oem RSX-S clutch since it seems to be a lot cheaper...do you think the the oem clutch is adequate?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    Great thread Kit..

I'm thinking of doing the same but using the exedy oem RSX-S clutch since it seems to be a lot cheaper...do you think the the oem clutch is adequate?
    No, I have the OEM RSX-S clutch in mine, and it is weaker than the stock Euro clutch. Go for the HD/Sports organic version at least.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks Aaron..just found and read the thread in which you had pointed this out..so how is your clutch holding up?

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    wohoo at last Kit u ve got ur car back

Hehe yeah Felix but its gone to panel shop again.
    I have a feeling that the old ORC I had was burnt. I just opened the box that the mechanic put the old clutch in. Its all black! Looks like it has a little of meat left though.
    Clutch and flywheel combo costed me around US$790. Shipping included.
    They outperform the AUD$1200 ORC! LSD is a plus too! Can't wait to drive her again hehe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5 Type R '03
    anyone know what is the stage 1 and stage 2 of the exedy usa clutch equivalent to compare with our exedy aust's clutch?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Quote Originally Posted by kitbkk View Post
    Ok since there hasn't been any information on this, most people had exedy stage 1, exedy organic sport heavy duty clutch, ORC etc.. I though I might create this thread.

Here is what just arrived this morning!

Clutch: Exedy stage 2 3puck ceramic/metal clutch. DC5R application. Part number 08951
    Flywheel: Exedy light weight flywheel. DC5R application. Part number HF02T

Got them for quite reasonable price from gripforce. Shipping only took 3-4 days!
    Will get them installed sometime next week, after I receive the EuroR helical LSD. I will give a review how I find it compared to ORC clutch/flywheel combo I had.
    If you dnt mind me asking,where did you purchase your EuroR helical LSD from?and much did it cost you?