Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit

Car just back from tuning

Just a brief update for anyone that is interested in the progress of my ride.

I had a 2" stainless mandrel bent cat back system installed on Saturday at Hitech Mufflers in Darlinghurst. Awesome job. Perfect sound and top-notch finish. Pics will come soon.

I have just come back from having the V-AFC 2 installed and dyno-tuned at Croydon Racing Developments.

All I can say, is that it is a new car to drive. All you haters of the V-AFC2 can go eat a d*ck. Yeah it's not the best bang for your buck mod, but it has brought my exhayst and intake mods together beatifully. The car runs so much smoother, low end response and throttle response is fantastic. Response under load is amazing.....

Whilst I am not one for bragging about dyno readings, I am of the firm belief that they should be used as a tuning tool first and foremost. The power curve is very linear with only a slight dip as vtec engages.

For those that are interested in the figure, I achieved a peak reading of 101.3hp at the wheels on a Dyno Dynamics dyno....not too shabby considering the official flywheel reading from Honda is 108hp.

Anyway pics will be up soon.

The P1s are now on as well...so that about finishes my mods for the time being. I have spent enough money on it the past couple of days to keep me out of trouble for a while...

Member Array
    Congrats

Did you do a dyno run before the tune?
    Do you have the dyno sheet?

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    nice man
    pic pls.....
    nice figure for the mod and what muffler u got at the back?
    what is the stock pipe size and what do u think of 2.25 pipe?
    u got any diagram for vafc2?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    sounds pretty good, should expect even better fuel economy with the tune now hey
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Member Array
    Car:
    Mini Cooper S Chilli R56
    Congrates!

I wonder how much kw is stock jazz got at wheels..... PICs plz..... and dyno graph would be more than welcome.... thanks in advance...

sound good..how much u bought for the cat-back?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTI-S
    how much did the hi-tech exhaust cost ya, they are simply awesome mufflers not too loud or soft..great sounds..did get you whole exhaust done or just mufflers, how about extractors ?
    "When the christmas light drops the b***sh*t
    stops"
    04 Jazz VTI-S
    99 WRX
    97 Lancer MR

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    It's a cat back system...super-quiet, but I paid for it. It cost $1,100, but I got the exact effect I was after. Quiet, subtle and excellent flow

I will have to scan the dyno graph when I have more time. I also need to get some pics of the exhaust too...

Unfortunately I didn't get a before dyno print-out and I wasn't there to see it....I wish I had got it dyno'd before any of the mods though.

I just wanted to say a big thanks/props to Hitech and CRD. I am usually quite hesitant to go to big shops as I am a bit pedantic. Both these shops are 100% professional and were very approachable at all times. Croydon were a bit slow (they always have been) but it was worth it. My car ended up being tuned by Jim Souvas (owner of CRD and renowned tuner of GTR-700, DVLISH, RH9 amongst others) so I definately feel like I got my $$$ worth. They also cost a bit more than some of the other places I approached but I guess it's like anything, you pay for the name.....they were also the only ones that offered advice, explained the whole process and didn't make me feel like I was wasting my time with the V-AFC2 like certain other shops in Sydney.

On a rather disappointing note, after fitting the P1s and finally thinkking the spending was finished, I went to take the car for a spin only to find it reversed with great difficulty. I removed the front rims to find that they were hitting the bottom of the brake caliper. I now have a gouge going around half of the inside of 2 of my rims. It's not really noticeable unless you look through the spokes, but now I can't use them!

So the answer? I will be fitting a set of Gram Lights 57s this Saturday and then that should be it!

Pics will probably be up this weekend...

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    hitting the bottom of the brake caliper????
    i dun understand what do u mean?

pic pls..........

$1100....for the custom!? umm...

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2r
    the spokes don't have enough clearance? thus hitting caliper

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    oic
    then pic plssssssssssssss