Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey 06

06 Oddy Roof Racks

gday guys im after some rails and racks for my oddy i contacted honda the say about $800 for rails and $400 for racks does that sound about right or has anyone got an alternative idea than honda thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM DC5
    I paid $800 for the rails from Honda, dont think you can get the after market one, but for racks, you can get whatever brands you like

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Honda Odyssey
    i just dont bother with the rail, just bought the Rola sport racks and save myself $500 which i used to buy the rola roof pod and still have some left over for ice-cream

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Odyssey Lux Basque Red
    Yeah those prices are about right but should include fittting (for the roof rails).
    They replace the whole trim piece that runs the length of the car.....not sure if it's DIY'able. But ring around all your local dealers and you could save up to $200 total...

For the cross bars, from my experience of wanting to put a roof box up there, it really depends on what you want the racks for.

The cross bars are an old design and won't suit a lot add on accessories easily.

Be really really careful with the loads you put on the clamp-on style (like the Rola HTJA mentioned) because they will have a max of I think 50kg. If you get the big roof box it weighs 14kg so all you can put up there is 35kg, which is two suitcases or bags.

The Honda ones are rated to 75kg. I have a 450L roof box (Rhino) and put 4 big bags plus some other stuff up there when we travel.

So Shane, what you are going to carry?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Odyssey 06
    just fishing rods mate nothing heavy im looking at the rhino racks atm i know the bolt on ones dont look the best but will do the job