Thread: Door Speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'

Door Speakers

hey i got a 1999 model lude and while i was just testing the audio i noticed the left door speaker doesnt really work, a hint or crackle and it is way quieter than the right one? what could be the problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    dno bout the 99's but a friend'a myn had the driver side one exact same as ures, its not the wires at the back, but the wiring behind the dashboard, or going through the door. In my mates case his wire had actualy melteddd some howwwww (the power wire is melted) therefore .. less power is being sent.

It's a simple replacement of a wire yes.. but FINDING THE SHORTTT is REALLY HARD it could be ANYWHERE BEHIND your dashboard, unless you have a custom setup which makes it much easier just replace wires.

---
    or if you havnt .. used the common sense method: on your deck check the AUDIO BALANCE settings make sure its not to much to the right or rear.

speaker could be blown too.
    --------------------------------------

NA all the way, turbos are ghey.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    yeah ill have to open it up soon, work and all is making that date further away from planed, i dont know if this will help but the car used to have a sound system, theres the wire for the amp thats still in the car and theres a little control for the amp or sub(not to sure) but it doesnt work because its not connected to anything

most probebly a loose wire.. or something if it still works but crackles

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    does anyone have a site to download the manual for the car, so i know how to do things like assembly for these sort of things, i downloaded one but it needed a password. much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTi-R ATTS 99'
    its all good now, opened the speaker cover and the black wire from the speaker came out, also the speaker is a lil to big to be screwed into the door, and its just sitting against the speaker cover, its not a problem but i would like to fix it because its going to annoy me, what should i do?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    if its jst a standard 6inch leave it the way it is chuck a few holes in put some screws down in it hold it up coz anything smaller than 6inch is just too quiet.

i got 4x6 speakers in my car doors there UK brand pioneers so theyy got hecktick sound lol i just forced it in there, it doesnt do any damage long as the woofer isnt being touched