Member Array
    Car:
    04 S2k + track spec EG

Question Eg hatch/dc2r lca swaybar q

Hey guys,

I've tried searching a few different phrases but nothing I need comes up.

I've got an EG5 Si hatch, I replaced the rear lower control arms to put in a set of coil overs and the rear swaybar does not fit back on. Is there a model that does fit? Would a swaybar intended for an Integra Type R fit, as the DC/EG floorpan should be similar and the control arms are now the same?

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions,
    George.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    yes you can get DC2R rear sway bars to fit into an EG. but you must get a reinforcement kit as well, or risk having your subframe being torn out literally. the 2 most popular brands are ASR (A Spec Racing) and Beaks. i myself have the DC2R 22mm with Beaks Subframe Reinforcement Kit.
    it is the best mod i have done so far. although i must say that i would feel much more comfortable having gone with ASR. The Beaks you must drill out a couple of holes, where as the ASR is straight bolt on. ASR is also a rear tie bar, so you get 2 in 1.
    you may use your standard rear sway bar end link, will be straight bolt on to the DC2R sway bar.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've got an EG5 Si hatch, I replaced the rear lower control arms to put in a set of coil overs and the rear swaybar does not fit back on. Is there a model that does fit? Would a swaybar intended for an Integra Type R fit, as the DC/EG floorpan should be similar and the control arms are now the same?

George.

DID you upgrade the swaybar ? Or is this the standard rear 14mm swaybar ?

FYI the swaybar will fit either standard LCA's , or DC2R LCA's.

The point where the endlink bolt goes is the same.

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    As Ben said, EG swaybar should fit DC2R LCAs.

Thats what I have
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Race Car
    Hey guys,

George.
    What are the lower control arms out of? A car with no rear swaybar?

Cheers
    Gary

Member Array
    Car:
    04 S2k + track spec EG
    Thanks for the reply dudes, time for more detail...

The car had a standard rear swaybar (EG5 Si all do, right?) and I put on the biggest swaybar that Whiteline make, with some cheap plates supplied with it that bolted to the subframe and their subframe lock bar. The car also has a BEAKS lower tie bar too. (Yes, two lower arm bars.)

The LCA's are off a DC2R I'm told, and the dude that put the coilovers in for me said he couldn't fit the old swaybar on because it was different. He's got a legit shop and done this type of work before so I didn't question him.

I thought that since the cars were similar enough to exchange LCA's then surely other parts could also be interchanged. Not sure what to do now, as I am physically unable to get under the car and fix it myself.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    George.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Integra Race Car
    Thanks for the reply dudes, time for more detail...

The car had a standard rear swaybar (EG5 Si all do, right?) and I put on the biggest swaybar that Whiteline make, with some cheap plates supplied with it that bolted to the subframe and their subframe lock bar. The car also has a BEAKS lower tie bar too. (Yes, two lower arm bars.)

The LCA's are off a DC2R I'm told, and the dude that put the coilovers in for me said he couldn't fit the old swaybar on because it was different. He's got a legit shop and done this type of work before so I didn't question him.

I thought that since the cars were similar enough to exchange LCA's then surely other parts could also be interchanged. Not sure what to do now, as I am physically unable to get under the car and fix it myself.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    George.
    Hi George, I have swapped DC2 TR rear lower control arms into EF's, EG's and EK's and they fit OK and the swaybar links simply bolt up the same. Either this guys isn't as good as you think he is or they aren't really DC2 TR lower control arms.

There are pressed steel lower control arms that come out of cars without rear swaybars, so they don't have the hole or the captive nut that the link bolts to. But even then it's no big deal, I just drill a hole in the lower control arm where it would normally be on DC2 TR control arm. Then stick a bolt through the link and the arm with a nut on the inside. Simple, takes about 10 minutes.

Cheers
    Gary

Member Array
    Car:
    04 S2k + track spec EG
    Thanks everyone, especially Gary (SydneyKid). That's the kind of feedback I needed. I'm going to get the car back onto a hoist to see if I can fit the old bar back on.

Cheers,
    George.