Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Even if you where able to squeeze a 2DIN unit into the compartment, I think it would be very difficult to reach the touch screen, that's why the factory 2DIN frame sits so much more out on the dash.

You can try this from alpine

website is here
    http://www.alpine.co.jp/products/ins....html#ktx-h10d

I believe it is just a single DIN and there is a opening at the top for the original LCD screen
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Can't find any better pics, but this yahoo Japan sale shows how it is mounted

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h134128469
    Old man that drives slow cars

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    What's the first picture? You bought your headrest & roof mount monitors from the same seller that i bought mine as well but different model, i don't like the zipper one. I'm gonna fit 2 head units in my odyssey. A single din head unit using the Alpine 1-din kit for SQ and my JVC DVD head unit using double din console kit to play movies. Hopefully i can install them today or tomorrow.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    hi guys, was wondering if anyone is rocking this type centre console where the screen is kinda like sunken in instead of sticking out?

if I can get someone to strip off one off a jdm rb1 would it be just plug and play into our cars? i guess the whole stereo interface and gps will be in japanese but is there a way to get it to work in english with AU maps? i would like to keep the external display to look like that and not really care about how the internal works? thanks!!

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    I'm not sure if it's plug & play but you need to find out if the GPS loads the map from a DVD. If yes, you can try the AU version & see if it's work.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

pretty sure its plug and play but you will never get GPS works in English, play DVD other than under Japan Region Code, unable to access the hard-drive (where GPS from). The best bet is you can get it to read from memory card then play music. Am sure you can get confirmation of what i said from Odyssey Club Malaysia or Singapore Honda Club.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    hey guys thanks for the reply... i was thinking even if the gps and dvd module is in jap, do you reckon its possible to hook up an aftermarket aussie console to the lcd, or even replacing the lcd all together with an aftermarket and just hook the sound up as AUX and control the console from remote or touchscreen, and just control the sound just like how you would no a stock setup.
    basically externally it looks like the photo but the internals are all aftermarket, and dont need to change the dash control knobs either. i've read some people put their dvd player and gps under the seat. thanks guys..!

as far as i know, Chinese made a whole setup system plug and play with external module. they used to sell them on ebay and can't remember how much it cost. personally i have not seen and experienced it before. my first idea was retrofit a 7" LCD touch screen GPS with music and movie player onto the position you posted but its too far for "touching" screen. JDM having RCA AUX from the center table for displaying but unluckily our AUDM only having 3.5mm jack.

in modding industry, everything is possible as its a matter of money/values of money.... happy modding!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I think the unit was selling for 1k

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 RB1
    yeah guys, i think the chinese setup you're talking about is the same as an instruction someone posted about removing the dash or something. It comes witht he screen, panel and this dvd unit that sits at the bottom of where the cd changer goes. and it doesnt require the middle controls to be changed... hmm.. will give it some thought as the guy currently only wants to sell it if i take the entire set up and refuse to sell just the top portion unless someone comes around and buys the lower part..

but again, thanks alot for your input!!

^^ you really want to modify the OEM screen works? here is one selling on YAJ that i found for yr reference, its JPY 37,000........

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k125270388

Hi Roy, found this on carsales and its the only one in AUS have this system http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...s=67&silo=1011

its the system u want and believe its from China