Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Driving and opening s2000 soft top

Hey guys,

i was driving behind a s2000 yesterday (in my s2000), and the guy opened his top as he was driving. How did he do that? lol

anyone have any ideas on how its done?

i have always thought the car had to be stationary with the handbrake up to open top.

theres a wire that you can cut to bypass the handbrake to operate while moving
    otherwise you can lift the handbrake by an notch as well do that as well however i think there are risk that you might do some damage due to the resistance from wind etc

Quote Originally Posted by sho View Post
    theres a wire that you can cut to bypass the handbrake to operate while moving
    otherwise you can lift the handbrake by an notch as well do that as well however i think there are risk that you might do some damage due to the resistance from wind etc
    i tried notching up the handbrake slightly as i was rolling but it wouldnt work. He must of cut the wire... he wasnt traveling very fast when he didnt it.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000, RIP Prelude Vtir
    Theres a reason why its wired the way it is, I wouldnt modify it. It would be like opening an umbrella on a windy day, whoosh and your roof will be teared out.

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    Yeah most convertibles that can open whilst in motion have a speed limiter whilst opening, and the roof itself doesnt rise as high as the s2000 creating less resistance.

Leave it stock, I like seeing how quick I can remove it at the lights.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
    Yeah most convertibles that can open whilst in motion have a speed limiter whilst opening, and the roof itself doesnt rise as high as the s2000 creating less resistance.

Leave it stock, I like seeing how quick I can remove it at the lights.
    haha im in the same boat as you man rofl
    wen i put the top down, i jus slide the handbrake down slowely and take off and the car still drops the top nicely...
    its a fun rush trying to drop the top at the lights, especially by the time you decide and begin lowering it and the light goes green lmao

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 s2000
    i've cut the wire. it's one wire under the passenger dash & just snip = voila. done.

ive removed the top down @ 30kph and no problems. I think 8J Audi TT's can take it down at 45 or 60kph... i forget.

its much cooler rolling to a stop and having ur roof come down... and as you stop, the whole thing's finished

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Doesnt it only take two seconds?

S2Krazy Array
    Five.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Was this on olympic drive/rookwood road around lidcombe?
    I have this mod you just have to snip the speed sensor wire on the passenger side. It's very useful if it rains or wen u just don't have enough time at the lights. I can help you if you want to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    lmao
    im tempted now rofl
    rolling 2 the lights and poppin the toip down. only bad thiung is the fact that it can be flicked up at any time. thats not good, especially if u have a passenger in the car who wants 2 annoy you

Quote Originally Posted by tamay_s2k View Post
    lmao
    im tempted now rofl
    rolling 2 the lights and poppin the toip down. only bad thiung is the fact that it can be flicked up at any time. thats not good, especially if u have a passenger in the car who wants 2 annoy you
    It cannot be flicked up at any time. The handbrake has to be up 1 clck. Just enough for the light to come on but not affect driving. The only difference is that now the speedo doesn't have to be on 0.