DC5S auto window

hey guys tried searching but couldnt find anything anywhere..
    My dc5s window switch works fine but when you click it for auto up or down it doesnt work so you have to keep your finger on it.
    Its factory and no aftermarket alarms installed

anyone have same problem and know how to fix or is there a fuse somewhere?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i used to have 2 small rpoblems on driver side... still do... sometimes when i go auto up, it goes up 3/4's, n then goes back down
    and second problems is when ti almost at teh top, it'll start vibrating at thet op of teh window

lol my window works fine just the auto function not working and abit squeeky sometimes

Try holding it all the way UP (like holding the the window switch) then doing the same thing while going down.
    That should solve you problem.
    Let me know how u go

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    ITR001: You need to re-initialise your windows' auto function. For some reason (flat battery?) its' lost the limit point 'memory'.

As WATAJK said; Hold the switch all the way up and window reaches its stop - keep holding in the up position for 5 seconds, then straight away hold the switch down til it goes all the way to its lowest position - continue hold downwards for 5 seconds. Let go and test the auto function -This should sort it out.

r3ckless: Your window is 'anti-trapping' most likely your window guides are sticky.

Put the window all the way down and spray some dry-lube (PTFE) down each side of the window track/guide and run the window up and down a few times. You may need to re-initialise the window auto function aswell. See how that goes.
    FN2R

thanks ill give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    i used to have 2 small rpoblems on driver side... still do... sometimes when i go auto up, it goes up 3/4's, n then goes back down
    and second problems is when ti almost at teh top, it'll start vibrating at thet op of teh window
    Go to autobarn, buy some window lubricant, spray the inside as you lift the glass up, this should make it slide up and down MUCH MUCH smoother.
    NO vibrating/shuttering.
    Solved my issue very quickly

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Go to autobarn, buy some window lubricant, spray the inside as you lift the glass up, this should make it slide up and down MUCH MUCH smoother.
    NO vibrating/shuttering.
    Solved my issue very quickly
    Thanks mate and also u two omgzilla!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    will give it a try on the weekend.

All good mate, let me know how u go

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Just a note - when using the dry lube be careful not to get any on the outer door/window garnish panels as they usually leave a greasy stain (like car polish does, but darker instead of white/chalky). If the can comes with a nozzle - use it to guide the spray into the track itself.
    FN2R