Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

trip computer resetting automatically?

The last couple of times I've gone to the petrol station either one or both of the trip computers have resetted automatically. This happens on the first start of filling up, anybody else had this problem?

this is a feature that you can enable/disable. check the owners manual on the actual steps (can't remember, sorry). affects Trip A only though.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yes only Trip A resets when you fill up.
    .© ♪

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Sport (MY06)
    As mentioned, this is setup through the dash computer.

To access it, turn the car to ON (dont start the engine), and hold down the info button on the steering wheel for about 3 seconds. You should see the trip computer display change to a menu. Use the info button and trip sel button to cycle through the options and select the settings.

I dont remember the exact location of the option, but cycle through them and you'll find it quickly enough, there arent many options.
    Isn't it nice when things just work!

thanks! I swear it cleared both one time though!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mville station + 423 bus
    maybe you accidently held onto the select button. that resets it also while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Yes only Trip A resets when you fill up.
    Didnt know that... mine didnt reset. Maybe I will set it to reset then, save me the hassle of reseting it everytime.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Didnt know that... mine didnt reset. Maybe I will set it to reset then, save me the hassle of reseting it everytime.
    It's good.I've been too lazy to set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by r-r-redEuro View Post
    maybe you accidently held onto the select button. that resets it also while driving.
    nah, I was aware of that

just noticed this recently happening to my car.

trip A was on like 900km or whatever, and trip B was on 800 or so. I went to reset B by holding down the select button for 3 seconds, that worked just as I wanted. Then later that day, when B got to about 50km travelled, I was flicking through when I noticed that A had travelled 10km. I did not refuel during this time, or go into the settings.

So just wondering, how could this have happened? How does the auto reset on refuel mechanism work, I guess when the fueltank is opened (just wondering since maybe something else I'm doing is triggering it to think i'm refuelling)?

I've gone into the menu and set all options to default, hopefully it wont happen again, but anybody got any ideas?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    when it goes over 999km, it resets back to 0.

That's prob what happened lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darkii_ View Post
    when it goes over 999km, it resets back to 0.

That's prob what happened lol
    oh, that's homo.
    so I can't check my fuel economy for longer than 1000km? (I know trip comp isn't 100% accurate, but if I'm comparing between trip comp values only I can still get a relative comparison)

thanks for the answer
    Last edited by power_of_dreams; 08-10-2009 at 11:31 AM.