Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: yellow s2k

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynette View Post
    and it's a 00 model
    well seriously consider it. the chanes of having something screw up with an 00 with that low k's arnt very high i couldnt imagine anything being wrong with it. where abouts are you located anyway? Might save you some cash if your in the area of that one also lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Little bit pricey for a Silverstone. You'll struggle to find one that hasn't been in some sort of a bingle. Seriously, these cars are now 10 years old, near most are owned by young drivers that can't drive. I'd worry only if it's a repairable writeoff, if it's mechanically sound, then there should be no real issues. Nearly every S2000 with 50,000km+ will have some sort of driveline noise, minor or major.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by F20C View Post
    well seriously consider it. the chanes of having something screw up with an 00 with that low k's arnt very high i couldnt imagine anything being wrong with it. where abouts are you located anyway? Might save you some cash if your in the area of that one also lol.
    Careful with early S2K's with low km's, lots of hektik's out there swapping cluster's for low k's. Always look for full service history.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    you need to ask questions and find out more about the cars and their history, like hoe you got an inspection on thr 80,000km accident car.

the online ads may tell you about year, colour and kms but there's so much more to it than that.

remember the silver ones usually sell for cheaper because there's so many, and the yellow, and the black and white are probably the most expensive because of bigger demand and shorter supply.

there were a few really nice white ones on the market only around 2 months ago for 30k-ish, how come you missed out on those?!

don't touch a car with ANY drivetrain issues IMO - the S is a pretty fine tuned machine and as other people have said you'll pay through your nose to fix them.

I'm looking for an S too and i've been looking for a while. I won't go for a car with more than 100,000km if I can help it, won't buy a car that's been modified for track work, won't buy a car that's been through multiple owners, will NOT touch a respray or accident'ed car, and would love to find one in white with red leather.

yeah, I know, I'm gonna be waiting for like. forever.
    i'll probably have to build my own S from scratch LOL.
    luckily I have lots and lots of time to wait for one. don't touch the white ones on carsales at the moment btw, they've been resprayed/modified/lots of k's, etc.

man I just want my S.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    holy shit that was a long rant, sorry LOL

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    Careful with early S2K's with low km's, lots of hektik's out there swapping cluster's for low k's. Always look for full service history.
    of course i should have mentinoed that also. good pickup

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    yep and if it's been serviced at Honda check hondaone just to be sure

cluster swaps are scary

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

Wanted to share the NRMA inspection on the silver one with all of you to see what you think http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=124AAD658582

Comments
    - missing boot interior clip
    - missing right door rubber
    - blocked washer jett (1 out of 4)
    - screw in right front tyre
    - Damage to rims and resprayed
    - different tyre tread (3 same and 1 different)
    - damage to left chassis rail
    - dent and scratches to both door, scratches and dents to both rear quarters, dents and scratches to both front guards, scratches and misaligned and loose rear bumper bar, scratch to left side skirt, damage and bolt missing to front bumper bar, over spray throughout vehicle, left side of vehicle has previous body repairs, convertable roof leaking air into cabin while driving and rear window deteriorating visionb\
    - Clunk in rear when reversing and noise in drive line when driving at different speeds

Ratings
    body condition 5/10
    mechanical condition 7/10

The reason why I'm considering this car is for three main reasons:
    - the car has never been modified
    - the car has approx 80,000kms

I'm not to fussed about colour the only one I'm not real keen on is the silver/black.

Any feedback on what you think the gear box problem is and whether you think it is worth considering and the price would be much appreciated!

Thx

and also it was serviced by a honda dealer every 10,000 kms up unitl 60,000

the last 20,000 the car was not serviced by honda...

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    S2K's with those sort of K's will have some sort of driveline clunk, it could be backlash from the diff, worn inner driveshaft hubs, worn clutch. The gearboxes are generally clunky and noisy when in 1st and 2nd.

What makes you think this is a good deal? I would stay clear from buying one from a non-honda dealer. Why not consider a slightly modified one? Sometimes these are best maintained ones. Of all the S2K owners i know, all the ones that are modified, these are maintained the best, with most doing oil changes every 5,000km and most parts replaced as/when required. A car being serviced at Honda is o.k, but once warranty runs out, most owners won't replace all necessary items that need to be replaced. Obviously this isn't the case for every one that's out there.

Sure there's some shit modded ones out there, but be mindfull, if someones gone to the trouble of fitting thousands of dollars worth of quality aftermarket parts, then there's a good chance the car has seen decent regular servicing.

Also buying a stock S2K doesn't mean it hasn't been modified. Most S2k's that are up for sale were at some stage modified and returned to standard for sale. Tell tale signs, of bolts missing here and there, rubbers split and torn, plastic trims broken are signs of an ex-modded S2K.
    Also most people will harp on about Honda servicing, lets be realistic, every honda gets serviced by an apprentice or by a tech asistant. So your beloved car is getting worked on by a noboby who's not qualified yet. So IMO sometimes it best your car serviced by someone you can trust rather than Honda.
    Last edited by JAP-S2K; 26-12-2009 at 12:39 AM.

S2K's with those sort of K's will have some sort of driveline clunk, it could be backlash from the diff, worn inner driveshaft hubs, worn clutch. The gearboxes are generally clunky and noisy when in 1st and 2nd.

What makes you think this is a good deal? I would stay clear from buying one from a non-honda dealer. Why not consider a slightly modified one? Sometimes these are best maintained ones. Of all the S2K owners i know, all the ones that are modified, these are maintained the best, with most doing oil changes every 5,000km and most parts replaced as/when required. A car being serviced at Honda is o.k, but once warranty runs out, most owners won't replace all necessary items that need to be replaced. Obviously this isn't the case for every one that's out there.

Sure there's some shit modded ones out there, but be mindfull, if someones gone to the trouble of fitting thousands of dollars worth of quality aftermarket parts, then there's a good chance the car has seen decent regular servicing.

Also buying a stock S2K doesn't mean it hasn't been modified. Most S2k's that are up for sale were at some stage modified and returned to standard for sale. Tell tale signs, of bolts missing here and there, rubbers split and torn, plastic trims broken are signs of an ex-modded S2K.
    Also most people will harp on about Honda servicing, lets be realistic, every honda gets serviced by an apprentice or by a tech asistant. So your beloved car is getting worked on by a noboby who's not qualified yet. So IMO sometimes it best your car serviced by someone you can trust rather than Honda.
    Agreed. There a some very good points you make!