Hey all, after renewing all the bushes in my lower control arms for my DC2R i found a very easy way to pop the ball jonts.

When the car is on stands (under the front jacking points either side of the car), jack the suspension arm up on the bottom of the control arm until it is parrelell off ground or about where it would be with the cars weight on it.

Next step is the secret - i found an old tranmission filler plug, which almost fit into the gap between the lower control arm and the hub assembly. Its a near perfect fit, however will require slight tapping in with a hammer (you shouldnt have to bash it in, if its slightly too tight you may need to jack the assembly up higher)

Then with the jack, lower the arm to the ground (making sure to leave the ball joint nut on the end) and you should hear a loud popping noise which is the joint separating from the arm.

Job done!

Use that transmission filler bolt as a spacer and you will never have any more hearache when doing this job - it would even be worth buying one (its not even more than $10) and you have the best ball joint tool ever!

Thanks all. I hope this can save people some time when doing any front suspension jobs.

Cheers