Thread: Air Bag Light

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury

Air Bag Light

Hi
    I have a 2005 luxury and when the ignition key is turned on, one of the lights on the dash reads "side air bag off". The light goes out when the engine is started. Any ideas on where to look for a loose connection or whatever that would make this light appear. I have only had the car 2 weeks and I think it has always been like this since I got it.
    Cheers

That's perfectly normal. The airbag computer does a self-diagnostic when you have the key on ON, and both airbag light will illuminate while the test is occurring. If everything is normal, they will turn off automatically. If they stay on, you have an issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Thanks for that. I don't have a handbook for the car so it is all new to me

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    hrmmm....i dont kno if this is related but my friend had the windows down on the front passenger and he was sorta leaning out the window...then i get a msg on the dash saying the side air bags are turned of or soemthing lik that....is that normal? coz i seen it lik 3 times now all of which there were something leaning on the side doors 0.o

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Yeah my car does that too if there is too much weight pushing against the side of the seat.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    I think there are sensors there that detect force, because if the side airbag was deployed while someone was leaning on the door it'd be like K.O!!!!!!!!!!!! so it's deactivated

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06 manual honda euro
    Quote Originally Posted by [ IV 23 VI ] View Post
    Yeah my car does that too if there is too much weight pushing against the side of the seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    I think there are sensors there that detect force, because if the side airbag was deployed while someone was leaning on the door it'd be like K.O!!!!!!!!!!!! so it's deactivated
    thats reassuring to kno...coz i was thinking may be my air bags have lik gone bonkers on me or somthing...haha =p

Lol, chuck a heavy bag onto the passenger seat and watch your sensor tell your passenger to put on a seat belt...

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    The light is not on all the time, just when I start the car, then it goes out. It seems strange that it would want to tell me that the side airbags are off when I start the car unless they are off all the time and won't activate in an accident. But then if this was the case, I would imagine the light would stay on all the time, which it doesn't. Anyone else noticed if this light comes on when they start up?

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro/2008 Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    The light is not on all the time, just when I start the car, then it goes out. It seems strange that it would want to tell me that the side airbags are off when I start the car unless they are off all the time and won't activate in an accident. But then if this was the case, I would imagine the light would stay on all the time, which it doesn't. Anyone else noticed if this light comes on when they start up?
    OK what you do is turn the key to ON (1 position before start). A series of lights on the dash light up then go off. Wait 5-10 seconds until all lights go off (except battery, oil and parking brake). Then start (crank) the car. If the light then comes on, even if it is for a split second, you may have some need for concern.