Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lowering S2000

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000

lowering S2000

Hi everyone, was thiking about lowering the s2000 with some adj coilovers, anyone got any recommendation??? mainly for street use, so not too rough of a ride, especially on PARRA RD.....

also if i lower the s2000, and running on 16" stock rims, will this make the headlight not go as far as stock height....can the angle of the headlights be adjusted after i have lower the s2000???

~cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    just for looks and street, just buy D2 on ebay for $799 shipped!

Yes headlights can be adjusted

and u shud do a search, i believe lots of info here already.
    Last edited by rokkuchan; 19-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    is it hard to adjust the beam height??...or do i need to take the whole light unit apart first??>..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    u do it from the engine pay. just need a philips head screw driver or a 10mm socket?

Just look for a screw that you can screw and will adjust ur light. Should be located corner of each light (edge side) - screw should face vertically for u to reach. hope my description makes sense haha.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    thx rok....ill give it a shot when i get home....

so how good r the D2 coilovers?...should i even consider buddy club, tein, spoon , etc???

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    im looking at getting budd club n+
    any bad reviews with them?
    i want ones that are good for track but are also nice for street

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    When choosing coilover's, you should always choose something that will be better than the factory setup. Otherwise save your $$$ and install lowered springs. Suspension is a mod that you can easily go backwards on a S2000.
    IMO don't waste your money on these: G4, D2(same as G4), HSD, K sport, or any cheap coilover. Spend that little bit extra and buy good quality Japanese coilovers. Don't get me wrong, all of the above mentioned coilovers will feel o.k when initially installed, but after approx. 10,000km or so they can/will cause major drama's, and your car will handle worse than a stock. Most cheapies offer 16/32 levels of adjustment, which in reality doesn't do anything when adjusted. I had the pleasure of driving one with cheapies and thought it was awful.

IMO these coilover setup's below i've personally seen/known/driven. Most can be used on the street, and will last on shitty roads.

Buddy Club N+
    Tein Comfort Sport (I have these)
    Tein Flex (I had these)
    Bilstein PSS9
    Zeal Function X
    KW v3

Hope this helps you out.

can i say my car is lowered with springs only its on its guts n let me tell ya its on bloody ruff ride sometimes, unfortunatly i dont have money for coil overs as i now have a homeload to pay back but jeez i wish i had some coil overs so it can be done properly
    "HONDA ADVISES THAT YOU PLEASE REMAIN SEATED DURING THIS FLIGHT, AS UN EXPECTED VVVVVVTEC!!! MAY CAUSE INJURY"

Member Array
    Car:
    Blk AP1, GPW AP2
    just a few things that u may also need to be careful is that. When u lower the car, try to avoid big wheels. That is especially when u have a AP1. That can cause damages to your CV joints. However, I think AP2 they have a bit of improve on that spot. However, even I have a ap2 i will try to avoid that.
    The other thing is just dont over do it. (dont lower too much) it also hurt the cv joints.
    Hope these can help.
    Joe

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000/Elise111
    Quote Originally Posted by JAP-S2K View Post
    When choosing coilover's, you should always choose something that will be better than the factory setup. Otherwise save your $$$ and install lowered springs. Suspension is a mod that you can easily go backwards on a S2000.
    IMO don't waste your money on these: G4, D2(same as G4), HSD, K sport, or any cheap coilover. Spend that little bit extra and buy good quality Japanese coilovers. Don't get me wrong, all of the above mentioned coilovers will feel o.k when initially installed, but after approx. 10,000km or so they can/will cause major drama's, and your car will handle worse than a stock. Most cheapies offer 16/32 levels of adjustment, which in reality doesn't do anything when adjusted. I had the pleasure of driving one with cheapies and thought it was awful.

IMO these coilover setup's below i've personally seen/known/driven. Most can be used on the street, and will last on shitty roads.

Buddy Club N+
    Tein Comfort Sport (I have these)
    Tein Flex (I had these)
    Bilstein PSS9
    Zeal Function X
    KW v3

Hope this helps you out.
    great info,mate...
    When choosing coilover's, you should always choose something that will be better than the factory setup.

btw, any one has expierence on buddyclub Racing Spec Damper??
    What a Three Seventy Z!

get some n+ mikoZ hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    I have Buddyclub Racing Spec, on both my cars. They have been on for 30000kms and still feel good as new in my S2000. The Type R has done 1:09 at Wakefield with them too.

Its a stiff coilover though, and will be firmer than stock on the softest setting. I dont mind this though its still daily driveable. The handling is massively improved car feels more planted, doesnt dump the car though mine is low, but its still sensible (as sensible as a lowered sports car could be anyway)