Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by nickasse View Post
    ai guys. It says B18C
    then underneath XXXXXXX (i don't have the car with me atm, which is why i said i'd check the block tomorrow just to double check it's same as vin (which it is) and also why i can't take pictures.)
    I reckon it comes down to the gearbox...i mean if it's itr, and therefore have an lsd, there's no way the guy:
    1. blew his engine
    2. bought a jdm integra type r transmission (cos i know my ratio is 4.4 final drive)
    3. bought a jdm SIR-G block
    4. bought a jdm/audm integra type r/civic head
    and threw it all together. it's too much effort for too much stupidity.
    Or maybe he blew his engine and got a JDM B18C from a type R as a replacement and everything else is still the same. I wouldn't rely too much on a gear ratio calculator to tell you whether you have a 4.4 or 4.7 final drive. Unless you have someone with a DC2R with known 4.4 final drive telling you that your engine should be spinning at xxxx RPM at a certain speed, I would still be guessing that your gearbox could have a 4.7 final drive.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    A gearbox doesn't really mean shit, a gearbox can be replaced if the guy is a total nub and blows it..
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    02 DC5R
    So lets get this straight

- you have a 4.4FD
    - you have B18c stamp with no number after it (on the top line)
    - it revs to 8600 (approx) like a type-r engine

To me it sounds like you might have a complete '96 Spec JDM Integra Type R engine+gearbox package. Possibly the original engine blew and the owner could only locate a full gearbox+engine package or a halfcut and thus they swapped the whole lot in.

Thats my thinking anyway.....

But like aaronng said, how can you be sure you have a 4.4FD?

Member Array
    Car:
    thatsafrenchassnameyvonne
    yeah, that's what it sounds like.

i'd be pretty happy if i got a 96 spec halfcut in my AUDM ITR.

sounds like a win-win
    '99 Integra GSi (gone)
    '95 Integra Vti-r (drag-spec)
    '91 Cressida Grande (daily)
    MT Drag Radials, Injen CAI (dc2r) & various parts for sale:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112491

Quote Originally Posted by smomo View Post
    So lets get this straight

- you have a 4.4FD
    - you have B18c stamp with no number after it (on the top line)
    - it revs to 8600 (approx) like a type-r engine

To me it sounds like you might have a complete '96 Spec JDM Integra Type R engine+gearbox package. Possibly the original engine blew and the owner could only locate a full gearbox+engine package or a halfcut and thus they swapped the whole lot in.

Thats my thinking anyway.....

But like aaronng said, how can you be sure you have a 4.4FD?
    ^ everything above is correct and what i think.

i think it's a 4.4 fd because:
    i found the gear ratios for the integra type r 96 spec, sir-g and itr 98 spec engine.
    put them into a calculator
    went out for a drive
    and found that at 100km/h in 5th i am doing ~2800 rpm, and the calculator for the 96 spec itr transmission gives me 2880 rpm....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1999 Honda Prelude Vtir
    awesome dude looks like u didnt get stiffed!

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney Buses
    LOL.... you thought that you got cheated but in fact you got the good deal...
    Rep me if you think it is mechanically sound

Quote Originally Posted by nickasse View Post
    ^ everything above is correct and what i think.

i think it's a 4.4 fd because:
    i found the gear ratios for the integra type r 96 spec, sir-g and itr 98 spec engine.
    put them into a calculator
    went out for a drive
    and found that at 100km/h in 5th i am doing ~2800 rpm, and the calculator for the 96 spec itr transmission gives me 2880 rpm....
    Which calculator did you use? The mfactory gear calculator reports ~3233rpm @ 100kph for a 96 ITR transmission.

2800rpm is too low for an ITR @ 100kph. Assuming a 23.4inch tyre height, 4.4 FD, 0.848 5th gear, 100kph = 3324rpm. A 0.878 5th gear from a VTiR/GSR gives 3084rpm. A non-vtec S80 gives 2700rpm with the longer FD and 5th.

My non-vtec B18A does 110 at just under 3300rpm indicated => calculator (excel) reports ~3200. This is a higher rpm per unit speed than your "ITR" transmission. Suffice to say I there's something fishy going on.

I don't think you're in the clear just yet.
    Last edited by string; 23-11-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Told you got an ITR jap spec engine

Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Which calculator did you use? The mfactory gear calculator reports ~3233rpm @ 100kph for a 96 ITR transmission.

2800rpm is too low for an ITR @ 100kph. Assuming a 23.4inch tyre height, 4.4 FD, 0.848 5th gear, 100kph = 3324rpm. A 0.878 5th gear from a VTiR/GSR gives 3084rpm. A non-vtec S80 gives 2700rpm with the longer FD and 5th.

My non-vtec B18A does 110 at just under 3300rpm indicated => calculator (excel) reports ~3200. This is a higher rpm per unit speed than your "ITR" transmission. Suffice to say I there's something fishy going on.

I don't think you're in the clear just yet.
    hmm, i used the mfactory one and i've got an sir-g transmission still don't know about engine block and internals are definately integra type r (cams n pistons and stuff).
    Last edited by nickasse; 30-11-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: making info more accurate