Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    If your going to buy a Floor Jack, at least get a decent one that will last for many years, not a Super Cheap peace of crap. Like anything you get what you pay for. I got a full size 2500kg one & it's still as good as new after 20 years.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by dec3it View Post
    i bought the jack stand rather than the rail was due to ease of storage, i dont have much room for storage...
    I think i will invest in a proper jack ..

i didnt think about putting something under the jack but wow, thats a smart idea. will try it this week end.

thanks
    What is the max height of the jack and what is the min height of the stands? You need to compare the specs, then add a few cm of extra for the jack height.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accourd Euro 2007
    Hi all,

It's been a long time since i logged on, but i thought i should provide you guys with an update to my situation.

I just had my 80,000km service and requested for them to change my Transmisison fluid instead of a DIY. Apparently it is not to Honda standard to change transmission fluid at 80k but by changing it has eliminated the "jerking" feeling while driving at low speed.

I took my car in for a check up a few months ago when i 1st noticed the problem and while it was under warrently I had asked for a transmission fluid change as adviced by you guys, they had responded wth. "There is no issues, we dont know what is wrong, changing the fluid would not help. If it happens again, please come back." it happened everyday... but who has the time to drive their car in every day???
    Anyway, What really amazes me was the statement that was made after paying for the change of fluid.
    "How did you know changing the transmission fluid would help? We are aware of the issue but the scheduled change is at 140k service, unless our customers asks"
    Well I asked and was declined!

Great service once again HONDA

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    For the cost involved if you can DIY, change your auto fluid every 20,000km & you should never have a problem with your Transmission. I know i am old school when it comes to car servicing, but i do my Auto fluid every 20k or 12 months & engine oil & filter every 5k. Maybe it is over servicing if there is such a thing, but you know you will get the maximum life out of your car.

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Hi all,

It's been a long time since i logged on, but i thought i should provide you guys with an update to my situation.

I just had my 80,000km service and requested for them to change my Transmisison fluid instead of a DIY. Apparently it is not to Honda standard to change transmission fluid at 80k but by changing it has eliminated the "jerking" feeling while driving at low speed.

I took my car in for a check up a few months ago when i 1st noticed the problem and while it was under warrently I had asked for a transmission fluid change as adviced by you guys, they had responded wth. "There is no issues, we dont know what is wrong, changing the fluid would not help. If it happens again, please come back." it happened everyday... but who has the time to drive their car in every day???
    Anyway, What really amazes me was the statement that was made after paying for the change of fluid.
    "How did you know changing the transmission fluid would help? We are aware of the issue but the scheduled change is at 140k service, unless our customers asks"

Funnily enough, I had my 70k service done at a Nissan dealer (due to an extended used car warranty plan which I've since decided not to maintain) who advised me that my auto trans fluid was getting dirty, and that they recommended it be changed at the next service (80k).

Just drained and refilled twice using Redline D4 ATF at nearly 76k and I feel that the car shifts quicker and smoother. The old fluid was badly discoloured when I drained it, and I have doubts as to whether or not a 140k maintenance interval for ATF is suitable for our cars. I have yet to decide when I will next drain and refill the fluid, but may do so by judging the colour of the fluid as time goes on.

Member Array
    Hi all,

Mine is in the dealer's today for the 120k service. ATF never changed till this day. LOL [deleted]
    Last edited by boleh; 16-09-2011 at 12:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    old thread but im due to change my auto trans fluid. Everyone is sticking to the Atf-z1 or has anyone gone aftermarket say like castrol etc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    old thread but im due to change my auto trans fluid. Everyone is sticking to the Atf-z1 or has anyone gone aftermarket say like castrol etc etc
    I'm gonna go with redline d4 (synthetic) this time, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Ps: ATF-z1 had been out of production for a year now, so the z1 you get from dealers are all over a year old... If you have to go with Honda oEM fluid you might wanna buy atf-dw1 from overseas
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

so is this new ATF cheaper off ebay then?

group buy anyone in SYD?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    so is this new ATF cheaper off ebay then?

group buy anyone in SYD?

I've been calling around, there isn't any Honda dealers where I am (Brisbane) that stocks ATF-dw1, and considering ATF-z1 I $16.50 per 1L from Honda dealers... I'd imagine the ATF-dw1 will cost more.

If you are in Sydney you can hit up GL lubricants (in Eastwood) for redline D4 at approx $23 per quart, you need 3 quarts
    If you are in Melbourne, you can hit up performancelub.com (in greensborough or something) for Amsoil universal ATF for $18 per quart, you need 3 quarts
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    For those of you who wish to do a full Automatic Trans Oil flush I came across this DIY on youtube. It is exactly what we used to do in our shop, except that we drained from the return hose which means that the cooler is being flushed as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsdPAadc9fY
    Last edited by buddah51au; 20-09-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I'm gonna go with redline d4 (synthetic) this time, I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Ps: ATF-z1 had been out of production for a year now, so the z1 you get from dealers are all over a year old... If you have to go with Honda oEM fluid you might wanna buy atf-dw1 from overseas
    Where would you purchase your redline from? any dealer or have you a specific shop in mind?