Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    paint bomb?
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

Quote Originally Posted by slimx View Post
    eh.. i only got the car this year lol so yeh.. im 18 buddy
    Just because you're only 18 doesn't mean you have grown any common sense.

But if you really, really, really, really want to do it, vinyl dye in a spray can is the way to go. But beware, the non-black colours don't like sun exposure very much and will fade, leaving you with an uglier mess that before.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    dinorider i have a question.. lets say yes after i do it ****s up .. can i just go matte black over it ? would it work ? or am i totally ****ed... like to the point where i need new interior?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    This could be an interesting thread. I'm sure theres a few people who wouldnt mind there EG's interior switched over to black from grey, but yet thanks to most replies on Ozhonda theres no real information in this thread.

honda-tech has your answers. The yanks have been respraying there Tan interiors black for years.
    #

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    Quote Originally Posted by slimx View Post
    dinorider i have a question.. lets say yes after i do it ****s up .. can i just go matte black over it ? would it work ? or am i totally ****ed... like to the point where i need new interior?
    im not dinorider, but from my view is ur pretty much fukd.. lol IF you do paint it over, you will see marks or cracks from previous paint .. maybe uneven surfaces.. If u wanna do it, take it to the pros with warranty on them.. that way if it does get fkd over, u can always go back and get it fixed.. spending, say $1000 at once is better than spending $500 every year for an interior...

Thats from my view

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Sedan
    http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2351002
    That there is a link to how it should be done.
    And yes just head down to your local autobahn etc and ask for viynl dye, most will also do plastic as well. Also get the supplies listed in the above link.
    I'm in the middle of down mine at the moment myself, so if you have any questions feel free to pm if you like.
    Cheers Mod.
    Not putting miles on your built cars is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Changing interior colour

This is possible and if done right will both look good and be usable. I'm currently changing the colour of the interior of a DA9 from grey to black. I've done it before on a Hilux ute, changing from pooh brown to black with great success. The key is preparation, taking your time and not overdoing the layers of colour. I can't stress that enough. Personally I don't like spraying the cluster surrounds, door grabs, etc with colour (acrylic or otherwise). As people have suggested, that fad has passed and looks tacky down the track. However, changing trim colours is OK.

You have to clean the pieces thoroughly. I use Septone Wax & Grease Remover with two clean, lint-free cloths. Clean every corner, in all the grooves, and everywhere that will be visible (don't do behind). Use a cheap paint brush dipped in W&GR to clean vents and grilles. You have to get rid of any wax or Armour-All type finishes.

Before applying the Septone Vinyl & Plastic colour of choice give the panel one more wipe over to be sure. Apply the colour in a very light coat - the idea is not to cover the piece but to build up a foundation for further layers. I do at least two more layers. Don't get too close and don't overdo it. The colour will build up over the two further coats. If not happy apply another coat (lightly). Allow plenty of drying time between coats - at least 10 minutes on a warm day. Don't rush; if you are an impatient person don't attempt this!

Allow the pieces you painted to cure overnight. If you attempt to install them and bump them the paint will mark and come away from the panel. If this happens a light sand and recoat can fix it but best to just let it cure. Overnight the new colour will harden into the plastic. Then you can carefully install it.

Good luck. Done correctly it should 'lift' your interior and make it look like new. It won't cover deep scratches and marks. They will still be there unless you gave them a sand first. A tip here is not to oversand - it will make that area very smooth (compared to the rest of the texture) and the vinyl paint will look smoother in that area.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Peter, a good step would be to use plastic primer to cover any deep scratches
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Interior colour

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Peter, a good step would be to use plastic primer to cover any deep scratches
    Yes, and you can also get a Plastic Filler but I figure if the piece is that badly scratched or damaged, better go get another piece from the wreckers. Small pieces aren't expensive and will give a much more satisfying finish. I figure if you are going to take the time to do this best start with a usable trim.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    man its so much more complicated then i thouht it would be and jdm thats a nice yellow, put a pic up of ur car when your all finished.

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    This is what I did

COPIED FROM MY PERSONAL THREAD IN ANOTHER FORUM"

Anyways swap meet was cool today, bought heaps of shit =D

Oh yeah MARK! if you are reading this, USE VHT VINYL DYE IT WORKS WONDERS!

And to Chris THANKS HEAPS FOR YOUR SEATS! THEY SCRUBBED UP AWESOME!

BEFORE:

After:

USE THIS!

And also give it a good wash with laundry detergent before hand!

Member Array
    Car:
    327i
    Also I did my door inserts...

but i used septone.. its so shit dont use that...

Black...

but the finish.. not happy with it.... VHT actually penetrates it guys.. septone = pure shit