Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1

em1 power windows?

hey guys just wondering if anyone has been through this or know of this,
    i have a 2000 em1 on normal days as in weather windows goes up n down at normal speed, but on cold to rainy days..it goes abit slower? anyone know why? how to fix this? is it normal?
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    spray some silicon lube in the window rails were the window goes up and down and also the top, give that a try

happened to my em1.. u gotta open the door trim and readjust the window. works fine now, good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Yeah try a can of silicone first.

You sure the engine was not off when it was going slow? Mine goes slightly faster when the engine is on.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Nah it only happens when its cold weather or raining on normal days/ sunny works fine..

Same thing happened to mine (driver's side first, then passenger). Looks like if you don't sit it back on the rail properly it'll slip out and then get stuck. BIGTYM was telling me in another thread that it usually happens to EM1s at around the 150,000km mark. Mine hit about 180 when it first started happening. But yeah, if you can take off the door trim and check that its sitting properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    it's something you will have to live with, a prob with all coupes (EJ8 and EM1)

I roll them down in stages to extend the life of the motors (third of the way, then half then to 1/4th of the way, never fully down)

they're a shit design, under engineered, I've been thro a fair few motors/assemblies, tried diff windows from the hatch and other coupes and rubbers

best thing you can do is save up some cash and buy some spare 2nd hand (or new if you can justify $450 a side)window regulators for when they do break, silcone is a bandaid measure

mine first happened at 140000, then 150000 then 160000 all passenger side, then a drivers died soon after, lol
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    daym...well its were getting thru spring/summer its going alrite.
    once it starts to get cold il strip the door and take a look.
    cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    not a good idea it will leave goo and shit behind, use dry lube graphite powder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugen Civic View Post
    spray some silicon lube in the window rails were the window goes up and down and also the top, give that a try
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    yer mine did the same thing and the motor sh*&^# itself