Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    Sorry if this has been suggested, buy one of those butane torces from bunnings, Heat up the knuckle around the bolt until dark red and tap it with hammer slightly while undoing it with breaker bar.

My friends oddysey same case, hopefully no idiot mechanic put loctite in there or someshit on last change.

do not do this if you intend to reuse the knuckle....heating up can change its metal properties/structure and thus strength.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Yeha thanks limbo.. I luckily found a small enough G clamp and it worked wonders.. now I just need to take some fluid out.. straw + suck it in should work? lol nah I need a syringe or someshiii

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    do not do this if you intend to reuse the knuckle....heating up can change its metal properties/structure and thus strength.
    Minor heat will not cause the knuckle to suffice, we're talking about pee wee butane torch to heat up bonded material/expand a bit to whatever is stuck in there, not an oxy. Knuckle/caliper area are more subjected to regular heating/cooling at rapid rates during daily moderate driving, brakes are friction heat exchangers.

Or should I say heat up the caliper bracket around the threaded hole, not knuckle.

Work in mining workshop, we heat up lighty with an oxy on seized bolts to get them off. Notice the word lighty/dark red colour.

$0.02

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    if not then take it to the mechanic to take em out

Quote Originally Posted by kccord View Post
    Minor heat will not cause the knuckle to suffice, we're talking about pee wee butane torch to heat up bonded material/expand a bit to whatever is stuck in there, not an oxy. Knuckle/caliper area are more subjected to regular heating/cooling at rapid rates during daily moderate driving, brakes are friction heat exchangers.

Or should I say heat up the caliper bracket around the threaded hole, not knuckle.

Work in mining workshop, we heat up lighty with an oxy on seized bolts to get them off. Notice the word lighty/dark red colour.

$0.02
    Not biting your head off - just thinking in a different direction than you are.

While it works on the field - its not common mechanic practice.
    My point is , on the internet this is very bad advice. People will take this info and possibly damage their car components and injure themselves or another person/s. And then very likely come here and blame you and sue you. It can and has happened
    Thats why its important to suggest realistic , safe variations on possible answers guys n girls !

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chriskoss View Post
    Yeha thanks limbo.. I luckily found a small enough G clamp and it worked wonders.. now I just need to take some fluid out.. straw + suck it in should work? lol nah I need a syringe or someshiii
    Use a large syringe or get a turkey baster from coles. Don't use a straw because you might ingest some or it might drip onto your paint and damage it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Use a large syringe or get a turkey baster from coles. Don't use a straw because you might ingest some or it might drip onto your paint and damage it.

or try this for the tightasses like me

Grab a small/medium sized water bottle , make sure its clean and dry. Get a silicon or plastic/rubber tube around 20-30 cm.
    All you do is cut/drill/push a small hole in the lid big enough for the pipe to fit thru , make sure its reasonably air tight and you now have a DIY bleeder/sucker tool ! Great for both bleeding brakes / clutch slaves or for sucking any type of liquid out of a spot.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I could say something dirty regarding girls/girlfreinds but i wont lol. I think this has been a very comprehensive thread regarding 1 stuck bolt! Yeah all i can say is good loctite nickel antiseize and torque your bolts up correctly. Many people swing off breaker bars tightening things up but its totally unecessary. A correctly torqued bolt will not come loose.
    Honda Accord Euro

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    or try this for the tightasses like me

Grab a small/medium sized water bottle , make sure its clean and dry. Get a silicon or plastic/rubber tube around 20-30 cm.
    All you do is cut/drill/push a small hole in the lid big enough for the pipe to fit thru , make sure its reasonably air tight and you now have a DIY bleeder/sucker tool ! Great for both bleeding brakes / clutch slaves or for sucking any type of liquid out of a spot.
    Thanks Bennjamin, Ill try that!