Member Array
    Car:
    EG y0
    **** that.. K series all the way.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    but but but, now when someone pulls up at the lights and ask what your running, you cant say "its just a little 4 cylinder' lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    do a mid mounted H22 swap instead....

----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Thats what i call a build ! ^
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i wonder if you could mid mount a C30 in the back of a civic ... that would be pure epic

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    after a bit of a search i came up with this ...

reminds me of a ClioV6

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    now just imagine an EK civic with a C30/C32 from an NSX in it - it would require alot of work/time/money and alot of chassis tuning to balance out the car
    but damn it would be amazing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    lol thats mint.

apparently the last of the NSX type R's (c32) really had around 240kw at the fly. but coz of that 206kw law in japan they said it had 206. just like the 32,33 n 34 GTR's which were detuned hard but also had alot more then 206kw
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    wouldnt take much to get them running at their peak potential again =)

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Also reminds me of the w12 golf.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1992 Eg4 GSI
    I'm looking into J swap 2. About the engine sticking on dc and eg are cause their bonnet are on abit of a slope angle. I see ek's with close bonnet. My concern is would ps and ac fit with that huge 3.2L mota.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9, eg, n360,
    b16b civic

The bonnet with the right kit will clear no problems. you want the egj2 kit which has height adjustable mounts, so you can have bad ground clearance like mine but no mods to bonnet AT ALL. or cut it out the bonnet and show it off.

If your serious about doing the j swap the a/c and powersteering would be an easy enough mod to get working.

the power steering pump on the j series sits inside the valley. you should be able to make 2 hoses one for the feed of the pump the other to the rail depending how you make it, it should be easy enough

with the aircon, you need to get the a/c condenser to fit somewhere first. if its in a DC it won't be a problem saying that you should be able to fit the dc condenser in the radiator surport. the problem with the a/c is mainly our climate it gets so hot I'd hate to see that big engine over heat off a eg radiator because you can't fit a radiator in the stock position on either chassis. it will have to be relocated the same as the k swap. unlike the k swap the headers do sit in the radiator surport so you won't be able to run a full size unless you buy a tucked radiator, (tucked radiator will mean the condenser space will be occupied)

the biggest problem in anywhere besides america is getting a manual gear box. if you find a manual transmission for a j swap in aus I'd grab it and please find me one

my swap has a automatic transmission running the egj2 engine mount kit with a modified gear box mount. I have a massive trans cooler due to the j series poor auto trans. with a modified eg shifter to j series cable.

mine is fairly standard egr block off and ebay headers. I need to wire it up and I should be ready for a test run. i've spent approx about 30 hours, this includes fitting the engine, welding rad holders, modifying the mount, wire tuck, lightening the dash ie removing a/c.

If I was to do another one I would have the automatic eg or dc and turn it into an auto j swap only because the auto wiring for the gearbox lockout is already there etc. but otherwise it wouldn't matter.

I encourage it I thought it would be a nightmare to do this swap but was fairly straight forward not as easy as a b swap but not exactly complicated.

I hope this helps