Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: DC5R Intakes..

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    gruppe m does give a different tone and it makes sort of a grunting noise when you're throttling it =D. injen is nice aswell whistles a lot louder

So what are your guys opinions on the INJEN Short Ram Intake System? I know there would be a difference power wise between the cold air intake and this little bad boy, but is it that major?
    - James

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” - Clarkson

Member Array
    Car:
    E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamer View Post
    So what are your guys opinions on the INJEN Short Ram Intake System? I know there would be a difference power wise between the cold air intake and this little bad boy, but is it that major?
    dont worry about it get CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Honestly... don't bother.

I ran a K&N Typhoon intake for about 6 months when I first bought my DC5R. Noise was awesome (Better then Injen Cold air intake)... but on hot days it would ping, or after an extended drive it would suffer from heat soak quite badly. The fully exposed filter sits at the back of the engine (With not that much air flow), above the fully exposed gearbox, and next to the fully exposed engine. I know the Injen one comes with a heat sheild, but you would get much beter results with any one of the other intakes mentioned in this thread.

Member Array
    Car:
    Audi TT 2.0T
    Agreed.. dont bother with Short ram.. I had one when i bought my car and it annoyed me so much i searched for and bought a stock airbox !! then bought a CAI a few weeks later lol
    FFR33K - SOLD
    LSV73C - SOLD
    CW DC5R - SOLD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    get a gruppe M worth every cent in my opinion! ill try put up a video i have so u can hear the sound!
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    i still cant beleive people are talking about this subject lol...how can u justify spending double the price of a injen on a gruppem when the gains are basically the same, if not more for an injen? i've been running an injen for 3 years now...and i have zero complaints....and my results speak for themselves...
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Quote Originally Posted by FR33K View Post
    Agreed.. dont bother with Short ram.. I had one when i bought my car and it annoyed me so much i searched for and bought a stock airbox !! then bought a CAI a few weeks later lol
    Why was short ram annoying? Are they that bad?

Everyone seems to think CAI is better than Short Ram, but either side put out quite a good argument.

CAI has a long pipe going through the engine bay which will heat up the air, negating the effect of the cold air drawn in. So would short ram really be that much worst than CAI?

What about a Whale intake? I heard they sound like a crazy mother f*cker on VTECs
    Last edited by PeppeX; 07-05-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by PeppeX View Post
    Why was short ram annoying? Are they that bad?

Everyone seems to think CAI is better than Short Ram, but either side put out quite a good argument.

CAI has a long pipe going through the engine bay which will heat up the air, negating the effect of the cold air drawn in. So would short ram really be that much worst than CAI?

What about a Whale intake? I heard they sound like a crazy mother f*cker on VTECs
    Short-ram without an enclosed box will suffer from alot of heat soak and hence power loss.
    SRI's are typically near the engine. Soaking up all that warm/hot air near the engine.
    The idea of of Cold Air Intake, as its name suggests is that it sucks in cold air, typically the pod is nowhere near the engine.