Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Quote Originally Posted by luzinit
    also you mite also be able to mount it in the corner of ur front dash, where the windscreen meets the B pillars, and hold it with blue tac or double sided tape, im considering moving my tweeters from the triangle mirror things to this location.
    I don't think that would be very good. Mounting with double sided tape or blu tac just seems unprofessional to me for some reason. As for the mounts you are dead on, non angled surface mounts and angled flush mounts come with them. I am considering making a little bit of an mdf triangle type thing (very very small) that will change the angle and screw through the surface mount into this mdf and finally into the triangle (sail is what you guys are calling it?) thing.

Wynode I don't quite get what you mean, I do have a vent on the dash for the windows, but wouldnt the tweeters facing straight up sound like absolute crap in that situation?

Cheers once again guys,

Member Array
    Car:
    LS InteGRRa
    I have to agree with tegboy, the triangle part is where I have had my tweeters installed too. Havent had any problems with them being there. Look good but sound even better
    ~~ Blondes tease ... brunettes please ~~

Thats where mine are installed, you can't say they don't look sexy

You are supposed to have them close to the woofer but mine sound great where they are, so I'm happy. If you aren't sure, wire them up and just hold them infront of where you are thinking of putting them.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    MaGR did you do that install yourself? That's a nice spot, and I have even heard and read that on integras thats a factory tweeter location (on some of them) and even on the trim that dont have theh oles there is a hole cut out at the back of the trim. That would be the best spot, but it also means hacking up the door trim

Cheers,
    Javed

Yep, install done myself, easier than you might think...
    And your right, there is a clear spot marked on the inside, from the factory. It's not cut, it's just marked..
    I just used a hole saw attachment on the drill to go though the plastic from the back, then stopped when I got to the trim, and used a stanley knife to do the rest.. worked out really well..
    I was so paranoid I was going to bugger it up, as you probably are...

The below site helped me ALLOT when I did my install. Probably been linked to a million times on here but I'm new

http://www.integracaraudio.com/caraudio/diagrams/