Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WHere to place crossover?

Hi I have a EK Hatch and was wondering where most people mount the crossover box?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    mine r right behind the HU...
    but thats in my EF
    idk where ill put them in the EG tyhough

as for ek...: behing dash, behind HU, in door

hey i got mine mounted inside the handbrake center console, mainly cos my diamond cross overs were realy quite large. thats a pic of between the handbrake hole u can just see them

hmmm mine are in my doors atm right next to the speaker (not a very good place) and they're not really secure

was it hard running the wires? coz my amps are in the boot

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    how have you connected them to the doors that they aren't secure? if you want to have them in the door you could liquid nail them to the door trim, it won't be ideal, but they'll be safe from moisture (cos of plastic sheet on the door) but will be subject to a bit of violence (shutting doors, shouldn't be much of a problem).
    other places under the dash, or in the boot near the amp. feeding the wires through the factory gromet in the door is difficult and annoying bet very achievable if you're willing to take your time and not get too frustrated.
    Intentionally Left Blank

well its just kinda taped in there atm

Member Array
    Car:
    98 EK9 CTR
    i just did this for my pod install in the other thread... i put them in the box behind the door trim. all i did was glued them in with a hot glue gun or u could liquid nail them like ppl said.

i really wouldn't know where else to mount them. any other place probly means alot of wires running everywhere.

here's a pic...
    arrowz

OTO-KREW

if you decide to take the option of mounting them inside the doors (behind the door trim) be sure to wrap them in some form of padding (bubble wrap, foam). This will prevent any damage to the crossover whilst lodged within the door. Once the padding has been secured over the crossover get a plastic zip sandwich bag (or any durable plastic material) and cover the crossover. Use cable ties to secure both ends. This will prevent any moisture from entering the crossover unit.

btw if you choose this crossover mounting option... getting the amp signal wires through the rubber door gromet is a headache...

good luck with the install...

you will most likely have to take off the whole door to get the amp signal wires through... need at least 2 people to assist in holding the door... i wouldn't reccomend doing this if you have never removed the door before...

OR

you can cut the rubber gromet thing the force it through with some form of tounge.

either way its a pain and frustrating

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by armak81
    btw if you choose this crossover mounting option... getting the amp signal wires through the rubber door gromet is a headache...
    what do you mean by 'amp signal wires'? do you mean the speaker wires that carry the amplified signal from the amp to the speaker? if so, it's a pain to feed speaker wire through the factory gromet but is possible with patients.
    Intentionally Left Blank

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    sticky tape a cable tie to the end of the speaker wire, then feed through the ORIGINAL WIRE TUBE...you'll find the stiffness of the cable tie is such that it will pass through the wire tube to the inside of the door with relative ease compared to just pushing the wires through..then simply pullthe wire through to the desired length..try it..it works for me

Quote Originally Posted by micka
    what do you mean by 'amp signal wires'? do you mean the speaker wires that carry the amplified signal from the amp to the speaker? if so, it's a pain to feed speaker wire through the factory gromet but is possible with patients.
    yes...