Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdc2 View Post
    $280 is rip off. Since your car is out of warranty, you might want to try doing it yourself, if you have the correct tools as it's pretty easy.
    The fluid itself costs around $100 purchase directly from Honda. Spoon boss actually recommends changing the fluid for every oil change - meaning 10,000kms for each change intervals. How true is that? Not sure.

$100 for tranny oil every 10,000K. That's plain loony

Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    $100 for tranny oil every 10,000K. That's plain loony
    It doesn't cost that much to purchase that particular oil in JP i guess. The fluid cost only SGD$48 in Singapore.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    when you guys say flush, what do you mean. The manual just says to drain the old fluid and put in the new. I want to do this to my father's GD CVT Jazz. And i have noticed some shudder.

what exactly is the flush procedure?
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    when you guys say flush, what do you mean. The manual just says to drain the old fluid and put in the new. I want to do this to my father's GD CVT Jazz. And i have noticed some shudder.

what exactly is the flush procedure?
    warm up car , drain fluid - about 3l should come out. then fill up again thru the fill tube below airbox.

Go for a drive - accel. to 60km/h then coast to almost 0. Do this approx 4-5times and you have "relearnt" your transmission. This should get rid of most if not all shudders - ideally you will need to drain and fill again soon to guarantee all old fluid is out of gearbox ( some gets stuck up in the torque convertor etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    warm up car , drain fluid - about 3l should come out. then fill up again thru the fill tube below airbox.

Go for a drive - accel. to 60km/h then coast to almost 0. Do this approx 4-5times and you have "relearnt" your transmission. This should get rid of most if not all shudders - ideally you will need to drain and fill again soon to guarantee all old fluid is out of gearbox ( some gets stuck up in the torque convertor etc)
    thanks for that mate.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Do not overfill !!!!!!!!!! Note carefully how much comes out, and replace with the same amount.

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    Mine has started doing this more now ('05 VTi - 90K km's). I took it to my local Honda dealer who knows me by name (2 Honda's, 1 bought from them) and they did a CVT flush for free. On the invoice they charged me for 1 Ltr of CVT fluid but thought more would have been replaced.
    The first time it did it was around 50K but was worse this time, especially when cold.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Jazz & Cube
    We have fixed two GD Honda Jazz's @ work with Tranny Shudder simply by draining the old fluid and replacing it with Genuine Honda CVT Fluid.

My car was always serviced by Honda prior to our current ownership and hasnt had any problems " touch wood "

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by markcurtis View Post
    If the car is still under warranty you should be OK. I would take it in ASAP. They will probably say "Let's flush the gearbox & see how it goes". That's what they did with mine. Just make it very clear that you know this is a known problem & that it will probably need a new start clutch so you don't want a half-job that will just get them through the warranty period and leave you to pay for the clutch later.

It's also important that you get the regular services done on time & preferably by a Honda dealer. It's not supposed to be important who does the servicing but Honda are easier to deal with if you do it by the book through their dealer network.
    Thats what happened to mine. they said ok we will flush it, and it worked ok for about a month, then we took it back saying its still a problem and they said its no longer under warranty. even though we took it there when it was. Mines a 2003 VTi CVT

Member Array
    Car:
    JazzVibeS/Prado
    I thought I'd bump this thread again after developments.
    To bring everyone up to speed since my last post in this thread. My car now has 103K km's on it and overdue for it's 100K service. The CVT flush worked for a week after they did it @ 90K service then came back again. It's to the point now where the car is terrible to drive so I finally took it back and asked them what is Honda's stand point on this known issue. The service guy confirmed there is a 7 year/140K km extended warranty for this issue. Mine is 6.5years old so just makes it through.
    If your car is currently Jan 2005 or newer and has this issue, GET IT FIXED NOW UNDER WTY. It is covered. I went to VonBibra on the Gold Coast for this advice which confirms another posters 7yr wty claim from another dealer.
    Their plan of attack is flush the fluid again and log a case with Honda for a new starter clutch. Now I know this is covered I'll be chasing it down like no tomorrow. Should this fail I'll be at them again. Previously I was going to wait until it died then spend the 3K to replace the CVT.
    The service manager also discounted my 100K service and the wife's 120K Euro service too when they are done over the coming weeks. We have spent a lot with them over the years servicing 2 Honda's so I hope they look after me.
    I'll post back the outcome of the service which is getting done Saturday 14/1/12.
    Jazz: stock, K&N panel filter.
    120 Series Prado GXL Petrol: Pacemaker extractors, Dual 2 1/4" exhaust, 70 series MT STZ's, ARB non-winch bullbar, snorkel, Dimpled and slotted rotors.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by BiLL|z0r View Post
    I thought I'd bump this thread again after developments.
    To bring everyone up to speed since my last post in this thread. My car now has 103K km's on it and overdue for it's 100K service. The CVT flush worked for a week after they did it @ 90K service then came back again. It's to the point now where the car is terrible to drive so I finally took it back and asked them what is Honda's stand point on this known issue. The service guy confirmed there is a 7 year/140K km extended warranty for this issue. Mine is 6.5years old so just makes it through.
    If your car is currently Jan 2005 or newer and has this issue, GET IT FIXED NOW UNDER WTY. It is covered. I went to VonBibra on the Gold Coast for this advice which confirms another posters 7yr wty claim from another dealer.
    Their plan of attack is flush the fluid again and log a case with Honda for a new starter clutch. Now I know this is covered I'll be chasing it down like no tomorrow. Should this fail I'll be at them again. Previously I was going to wait until it died then spend the 3K to replace the CVT.
    The service manager also discounted my 100K service and the wife's 120K Euro service too when they are done over the coming weeks. We have spent a lot with them over the years servicing 2 Honda's so I hope they look after me.
    I'll post back the outcome of the service which is getting done Saturday 14/1/12.
    Can you please provide more details on the 7yr wty claim for Honda Jazz CVT start clutch shudder problem, called my local dealer Larke Hoskins homebush and they didn't know anything about it, called honda australia and they didnt know anything about it either even after I told them I have confirmation from 2 other owners.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Ok Called Von Bibra Gold Coast Honda and spoke to a guy in the service department by the name of Greg (heaps helpful) he confirmed for me the 7yr/160,000km warranty is real!!

service bulletin 2010-12-018 covers all honda Jazz with CVT transmission