Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    ( . )_( . )
    might add:

repco is also clearing their tool range at 50% off prices in some stores, much of this is getting sold out so worth a look, great no questions asked warranty too.

supercheap socket sets are good too (only the top of the range stuff)

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    this isn't exactly 100% relevant to this thread, but its related..

does anyone know where i can get a die so that i can extend the threading on my gearstick?
    tried bunnings but they dont have the right sizes.
    where the fk else do you go for tools?

i want my gear knob to sit a little lower and straighter - atm when i wind it up tight the knob turns a quarter turn too far so the shift pattern appears crooked. hence i need the die for the gearstick shaft.
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    go to vek tools in smithfield buy kc tools
    Took your advice and went to VEK tools and bought myself a 41 piece KC PRO AM 1/2" drive socket set.

see... http://www.vektools.com.au/41pc-drive-socket-p-551.html

Also in my haste, I bought the wrong size 3/8" drive deep sockets which I will be returning on Monday.
    Last edited by Bob-Car; 05-12-2009 at 11:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by euromandeluxe View Post
    this isn't exactly 100% relevant to this thread, but its related..

does anyone know where i can get a die so that i can extend the threading on my gearstick?
    tried bunnings but they dont have the right sizes.
    where the fk else do you go for tools?

i want my gear knob to sit a little lower and straighter - atm when i wind it up tight the knob turns a quarter turn too far so the shift pattern appears crooked. hence i need the die for the gearstick shaft.
    thanks
    Don't know what you mean by die... but why do you want you gear knob to sit lower.. the higher the better. Getting your shift pattern to sit right is an easy job. All you need is a 10mm nut (if you've got an EG civic). Nut goes on the gear stick first and then the gear knob on next. Then twist... you can figure out the rest. Although this will get your knob sitting a little higher... the higher the better I say.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    B16a2 EG2
    id say if you cant afford Snap On
    Sidchrome or Kingchrome are the way to go
    "I love the smell of vtec in the morning!"

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-Car View Post
    Don't know what you mean by die... but why do you want you gear knob to sit lower.. the higher the better. Getting your shift pattern to sit right is an easy job. All you need is a 10mm nut (if you've got an EG civic). Nut goes on the gear stick first and then the gear knob on next. Then twist... you can figure out the rest. Although this will get your knob sitting a little higher... the higher the better I say.
    the car is a CL9 euro.

i did that mod to the gearstick where you can raise up the shift boot so that it meets the knob, without any of the gearstick showing in-between. the problems are that the knob gets raised slightly (by the height of the nut being flipped upside down) and the boot gets pulled taut because of how high it was raised.

Basically i can't screw down the knob as low as it used to screw down before i did the boot mod because the threading on the stick doesnt go down far enough. a die is used to increase the threading on the shaft.

also, i was thinking that maybe i should get a new shift boot thats a little.. bigger? do they even exist?

where do you guys find taps and dies?!