Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

my ek got smoked by a mini

my mate owns an 05 mini cooper s jcw (john cooper works). its teh 1.6l supercharged one.
    anyway, at teh track his car walks mine fairly easily. pulls on me from 80km, and his launches r pretty good as well. i had 2 people in the car however, so that probably made the difference, well thats what im telling myself

my car is a ek with b18c, xforce loop cat back, hi flow cat, kn filter, everything else stock.
    kiet did the build on this car as it was his old one, its not his crazy engine however, just a std b18c.

so besides headers and intake, what else can i do thats reasonable? i know some sort of management would be good, but give me tips on what stuff i should be looking for, brands etc, and why
    cheers

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Ecu, tuning, light fly (do clutch as well). Better tyres, light weight parts, list goes on and on.....

And you have two people in the car at the Track?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    y do u have 2 ppl in ur car if ur tracking it?

edit: oops. DL001 already beat me to the qn lol
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by yellows2k View Post
    my mate owns an 05 mini cooper s jcw (john cooper works). its teh 1.6l supercharged one.
    anyway, on the street his car walks mine fairly easily. pulls on me from 80km, and his launches r pretty good as well. i had 2 people in the car however, so that probably made the difference, well thats what im telling myself

my car is a ek with b18c, xforce loop cat back, hi flow cat, kn filter, everything else stock.
    kiet did the build on this car as it was his old one, its not his crazy engine however, just a std b18c.

so besides headers and intake, what else can i do thats reasonable? i know some sort of management would be good, but give me tips on what stuff i should be looking for, brands etc, and why
    cheers
    fixed

lolwut
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

*cough track* is what he prob means.

2 people in the car makes a big difference. Thats like an extra 100+kg

try to have a run with jst u n him no passengers....

Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    take the other person out..

Quote Originally Posted by JetSir View Post
    *cough track* is what he prob means.

2 people in the car makes a big difference. Thats like an extra 100+kg

try to have a run with jst u n him no passengers....
    hey, i try to tell a story about the track and all i get is people hassling me about having 2 people, he was taking pictures, or something.
    anyway, the car is a daily, so any mods like cams etc that make it harder to live with isnt something im after.
    interested in ecu, whats good out there.
    it already has a lightened flywheel, revs very freely

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    Mate minis are very quick cars u nned cams hondata Kpro plus tune and some grippy Tyres
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    lol... I dnt get y plp get all suprised when a car beats ur civc\honda.... Its not like b18 is the fastest thing on earth...
    凸-_-凸

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    A supercharged Mini is a quick car isn't it? Just supercharge your Civic and then see how you go? <lol>

- Take the other two dudes out
    - ECU/tune
    - Better rubber

Otherwise go internal

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    easy just get out your "Car: evolution 9" and teach him a lesson
    R.F.F.R

wasnt driving the evo9 that day
    i didnt say teh b18c was the quickest, i assumed that being so similar in power ~145-155kw, that it should have been closer, and teh mini is a lot heavier as well