Thread: Dc5s hid

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...

Dc5s hid

Hi All,

The DC5s I've found out last night has two separate (HB3/HB4) bulbs for Hi and Low beam.

If I wanted to run HID lights for boht, obviously i will have two sets but just wondering if its possible at all to run 1 ballast isntead of 2? I haven't seen any kits around that support this so might be a custom job.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    I don't think its possible to run 2 HIDs with the 1 ballast. The only bulb size which incorporates both High/low beam into the 1 ballast is H4 I think

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Will you be using your hi beam for long periods of time? As HID are meant to be on for long periods of time, not flashed on and off. IMO, its not worht $300 for hid for hi beam.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Just get the low beams as it will emit enough light that you wont need the Hi beams

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    yehi got low beams.. liek everyone else.!

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Why would you want HID highbeams? It's not like they'd get any use. By the time the bulb warms up to propper operating temp you'd have flicked it back to low beam anyway. Just get Phillips Extremes if you want huge light output.