Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Carsales Scammer? AUS to UK Export?

Hi all..

I'm currently selling my EK on carsales. I've received an SMS from a UK number, requesting I email him at his address.

"Just saw your ad on carsguide and I'm interested in the quick purchase. Pls email me at blahblah@gmail.com. Peter"
    So i send an email and get this in return

"Scott,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I will be very grateful if you can send me a direct link to the ad again on carsguide.com.au as I lost it after my computer restarted.

Besides I will like to know more about its condition and possibly have more pictures of it I will be very glad to have more pictures of it. Do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away. I will be very glad to conclude this as soon as possible.

Due to the nature of my work, I will not be able to travel out of the United kingdom to come for the inspection. I will however be needing your full contact address so that I can forward it to my shipping agent here in the United Kingdom who will be coming over there for the inspection and shipping.

Thanks again and hope to hear from you soon.."
    so i ask a few more questions and get this

"Scott,

I am actually buying this car as a gift for my son. So i will be shipping it to the UK. Please send me the pictures as soon as you can.

Peter"
    Now this screams scam at me.. Why would anyone want to import an EK to the UK? KMH to MPH conversions and such..

any thoughts?

its a scam.
    dont bother wasting your time.

send him a pic of a nigerian scammer or a fat lady or something quite stupid. even a piece of shit.

thanks for the links! I thought so.

hopefully others can learn from this aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Shhhhcam..

Send him a pic of a tricycle and tell him you will accept no less than 50 million pounds and also a romantic night with the queen her majesty

haha massive scammer

Scott.

Thanks for sending me more information about the car. It was really of immense help. I am glad to know that the car is of a good mechanical condition and has not had any accident in the past. Your sincerity is something I see very necessary to appreciate. Thanks a lot.

I have actually tried to get this car here earlier from here but most of the ones I got either have one huge mechanical fault or the other and some have even had accidents in the past while some are extremely exorbitant.

My decision to try and get one from Australia is basically because the car makes conforms with the United Kingdom's as they are also right hand drives..

I am actually trying to get this car for my first son will be adding a year to his age in about 3 weeks as this has always been a fan of this car. So I think its worth paying whatever the shipping charges will be just to put a laughter on his face.

As to the price, I will offer you $9k. So if you deem the offer good enough, I will be very glad to make the payment asap through my PayPal account as I am currently offshore and I won't definitely be able to make it to my bank to make bank wires across to you.

As to shipping, you need not worry yourself about how the car will get to me here in the United Kingdom as I will contact a shipping company here who will handle that. I will however be needing your contact address to be able to get the shipping quote from the shipping company.

Do get back to me asap with your PayPal Email address and Full name so that I can remit the payment asap.

Cheers,

Peter
    I told him I had been offered 10k locally and asked he wanted to offer more..

tell him you don't have a paypal account and ask him to transfer the money to you by western union money transfer. see if you can outscam the scammer

in seriousness report him and the email address to carsales.com and leave it, don't waste your time

the email address is along the lines of "sct4142@gmail.com" so i would assume they have hundreds of different ones and when people bite after the original SMS they just work from there.

haha.. i'm considering seeing if i can shift the money around... get it into the bank then close that account blah blah.. I dunno about any possible repercussions, but I wont be sending anyone any money.

Just got an offer of 10.5 haha.. what a douchebag.

Lol Scammer....

Member Array
    Car:
    Lawn mower
    I say go along with it, and scam the scammer. once western union is sent, there is no return

ah it looks like this guy is using this scamming scheme:

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/Consum...sales_sca.html

in that case you can't try to withdraw funds before they are cancelled like with the bogus cheque scheme

actually even if it was the bogus cheque scheme, and you take the money straight out, unfortunately once the bank finds out the seller was dodgy they will chase you, not the cheque writer, to return the money to them. so it won't work

if you are intent on trying to scam the scammer why don't you ask him to send a deposit of something small (eg. fifty bucks) via something non-returnable like western union as a holding deposit for the car, and tell him after it's received you'll proceed with the agreed fake paypal/shipping agency process. obviously he'll never send you 10k through WU but with a token amount you might be in with a chance. you never know