Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi

Would +15 offset fit stock da9

Hey guys I wanna buy some sportmax's
    15x8 +15
    Just wondering if the +15 offset would fit.. I heard it wouldnt fit on early model civics but what about early model integras (I have 1992 da9)
    thanks

You need to take into account both width and offset.

15x8 +15 vs 15x6 +45

Immediately you can see the 8" wheel will sit 30mm further out from the offset alone. Then you have another 25mm from the width for a total of 55mm more on the outside and -5mm on the inside (i.e. more inner clearance).

I doubt you could fit them without guard modifications but there's only one way to find out. I've seen some pics of these rims on DA9's (search sportmax 501 on g2ic) and they look pretty horrific. "Mexican fitment" is the phrase that springs to mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9 with B18c2
    we arnt all dodgy
    DA9 B18c2
    http://www.facebook.com/RisingSunBaseJumping
    Base Jumping & Wingsuit Flying is my LIFE

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    with the right camber, tyres, and guard rolling ui would say yes

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    You need to take into account both width and offset.

15x8 +15 vs 15x6 +45

Immediately you can see the 8" wheel will sit 30mm further out from the offset alone. Then you have another 25mm from the width for a total of 55mm more on the outside and -5mm on the inside (i.e. more inner clearance).

I doubt you could fit them without guard modifications but there's only one way to find out. I've seen some pics of these rims on DA9's (search sportmax 501 on g2ic) and they look pretty horrific. "Mexican fitment" is the phrase that springs to mind.
    Is this the pic your referring to. pretty sure there 16x8 +0

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    that is far from "mexican" fitment

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Not the one I was thinking of, but sums it up perfectly. Some people like the look, sure, but back to reality, you couldn't drive that thing anywhere.

If you like shiny things then the only real question is, do I have the same bolt pattern?

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    why couldnt you drive it anywhere??

id like to know why you say that

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Door EK GLi
    Yea I think people are thinking of those da9's with sportmax's with the 0 offset.. these are of a moderate offset so I guess Ill just have to go and see if they owner whos selling them will let me try them on 1st
    thanks all for the inputs
    Last edited by Chriskoss; 10-12-2009 at 10:38 PM.