Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floor Mats

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 civic
    I really want to know if you can get RED rubber?? that would be NICE

Member Array
    Like many other my car did not come with OEM floor mats. So it was a case of making mu own.

These cost around $25 where as a geniune set costs up to $200. Im a povo uni student like many others on here so it was a case of little budget and most improvement.

When I purchase the rubber they had black, navy blue, light blue, green, red and yellow. The colours where around $15 more than the black rubber per metre.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Civic (B16 A2)
    Be careful with some of the cheapest Supercheap Auto "rubber" mats .(or any cheap rubber for that matter.) I purchased some for my tow car (Toyota Hilux twin cab) and the mats curled up on a hot day and threatened to become entangled in the pedals. While I am sure Supercheap sells better mats the ones I bought are a safety issue and should not be sold.
    Steve

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    $9 Repco floor mats FTW lol they slide around like crazy I've had one hold my accelerator down before so they are dangerous guys. This is a great DIY!

Guys I have a further suggestion. Instead of using rubber, go to Bunnings and buy some carpet runners. Look in the carpet section, then come in rolls that are 1 metre wide. get 2.5 metres and that's enough to cover a whole car.

Be sure to get the tough carpet weave that comes with a rubber base. It's only around $13-17 a metre, so it isn't really expensive but looks awesome once in place. But of course the driver side mat will wear out eventually.

This is what it looks like in my car. It's abit dark in there but you get the idea:

Seen dinorider's mats in real life, they look awesome! It's like there's nothing there!

The cutting and shaping of the mats is so precise... +1 rep

Quote Originally Posted by NightKids View Post
    Seen dinorider's mats in real life, they look awesome! It's like there's nothing there!

The cutting and shaping of the mats is so precise... +1 rep
    LOL. Thanks!