Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R K20

civic eg fuel pump and interior light problem

hi,

currently i am having problems with my civic eg, just wordening if anyone got the same problem and how did you fix it,

first thing is, fuel pump won't stop after i turn the key to ingnition but havn't crank over the engine yet, but this is only when my interior light is set on the middle ( like there are 3 settings for your eg interior light right, one is off all the time, then light on when you open the door, and last is light on all the itme,). when i set the light to be on when open the door, fuel pump won't stop, but on other 2 setting, stop after 3 seconds when you turn the key to ignition.

2nd one is the rain wiper, it won't work on the 1 stage (1 stage is the one when you turn it on, the wiper with wipe your windscreen constantly within a period of time fram.), and also when i just press the stick for a quick wipe, it won't go back to position

3rd one is, when i put the interior light on 2nd setting (lights on when open the door), lights won't go on when i open driver door but will on with passenger door open, this is so wired.

anyone know what are my problems for this? and how do i fix it,

recently i conver my motor to B16 and change my fuss box from eg5 vti one to eg5 si, (air bag and none air bag)

all this problems happen after the conversion,

if anyone have any idea of what my problem are, please tell me,

any help would greatly thankful

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    If these issue did occur when you did the conversion as you say. it would be very unlikely and coincidental something would fail. is the junc box the one under the dash or in the engine bay? sounds to me conflicting inputs to your SI junc box. i found that a few little sneaky changes in pin designation with the breeze and vti dash box. What did you do as part of the conversion?
    if you didn't mention the conversion tho.. from what you told me this is my thoughts
    1-do you have an immobilizer fitted? check how it is wired and bridges
    2-could be a tonne of things but with quick wipe is i found normal unless you hold it until it is on the return from its sweep it will sit back in position, if not check the motor as it does not know its stop position.
    3-drivers side door switch. test for continuity?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG with B16A
    i had the second and third problem in my EG as well, also B16A motor. want to know how to fix it up!!!

for wiper problem, the motor still working fine, but just don't know where is the stop position.

i think it might be the ECU problem, i using the CRX ECU, this is the reason why those problems happened.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    how does a crx ecu interfere with interior light exactly?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    bump.. have same problem
    Do you have VTEC?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    was anyone able to work out why this happens?
    Do you have VTEC?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG4
    Have made minor progress in finding the reason but not the answer to the problem. In my case it happens because I have put a DC2 interior wiring harness into my eg civic when I did the engine conversion.. and the dc2 wiring harness has an extra wire which the civic doesnt have.. it is a light green/red wire and its the "door adjar wire".

If I ground this wire, the interior light stays on permanently, if I don't ground this wire then wen the interior light is on the middle setting, the fuel pump wont turn off
    Do you have VTEC?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R K20
    it's a bit too late for the update, but i do found out what's the problem with my interior light on or off and the wiper,

the main reason why this occur is due to i change the fuss box from my SRS vti box to JDM eg9 one,

after change it back and disconnect the SRS, it all works, back to the normal way or it suppose to be,

and the light won;t go on when the driver door open is due to someone did my alarm without connect the wire for the light on the door,

i am running hondata on my eg, so some general error has been turn off, so engine light won't go on,

this is what i discover to those 3 problems,