Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z

CU2 Wheels size for performance.

It's a case of be carefull what you wish for. I'm sure all of us through the years have wanted car manufactures to fit larger wheels as a standar item.

These days I think that's gone too far to some extent. As good as they look I'd much prefer wheels size and design that kept the performance focus.

anyhow to get to the point.......I'm considering down sizing our luxury wheels once we pick up our car in Jan.

just wanted to get a guage as to what ppl thought about doing this. keeping in mind 17"s is probably the lowest i'd go.......

if anyone has pics of 17's on a cu2 please post.

cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    Well I upsized the wheels on my standard CU2 from the 17's to 18's. Trying to get rid of 5 standard wheels now.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by CU2 Euro 09 View Post
    Well I upsized the wheels on my standard CU2 from the 17's to 18's. Trying to get rid of 5 standard wheels now.
    Pics my fellow brisbaner.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    MKI4EVA ,Give me a yell if you going to sell the 18" lux wheels.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    It is not the rim size that determines performance, but the rolling diameter of the tyre and the rim + tyre weight.

If you go for 17" which is heavier than your 18" and maintain the same stock rolling diameter in order to preserve your speedometer accuracy, then you lose performance because of the additional rotational mass which causes slower acceleration.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

^ what aarong said, and also at the end of the day, whether it is 17, 18, 19 or 20, there's hardly any "real" performance difference in a CU2 anyways. unless you're like that russian guy on the acurazine forum that supercharged his CU2 to 320+ hp atw.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    for the purposes of this thread being informative to those who've looked, anyone weight their stock 17 and 18" CU2 standard wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA View Post
    for the purposes of this thread being informative to those who've looked, anyone weight their stock 17 and 18" CU2 standard wheels?
    i've weighted my 18" with tyres, they're about 23KG each

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    Quote Originally Posted by taccord12 View Post
    sweet.............now you just need someone whos got a 17" lying around to wack on the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by taccord12 View Post
    man, thats the same with FD2's 16" rims!!!

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

yeah man, pretty damn heavy -_-
    Hmm... Wonder what i should do with my set of Honda CU2 Euro Luxury 18" wheels with Michelin Primacy HP tyres.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    I'd weigh my standard 17's for you but I don't have any scales. I'll see if I can borrow some.