SRS fault in 2000 Legend

My folks have a 2000 model honda legend, but the SRS light won't go off.

A code has been tested and indicates that there is a problem with the OPDS system in the passenger seat - does anyone know a fix for this?

There was a warranty fix on these in the US and Canada - does it also extend here?

I highly doubt it.

Please check the ACCC site for honda recalls. Our accord just got recalled for an airbag system fix. Even though this recall was out in america several years ago. (However nothing is listed for your 2000 Legend)

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952862

It amazes me re the lack of recall transparency between countries even though we have close to identical cars (apart from LHD/RHD). Almost seems that corporate cost overides safety.
    Last edited by SiReal; 14-12-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raynman View Post
    My folks have a 2000 model honda legend, but the SRS light won't go off.

A code has been tested and indicates that there is a problem with the OPDS system in the passenger seat - does anyone know a fix for this?

There was a warranty fix on these in the US and Canada - does it also extend here?
    More than likely the opds sensor mat in the passengers front seat. This is from previous experiences need a fault code to confirm

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    to find out if its covered here call your local dealer and give your vin number, they can tell you if any warranty campaigns are due or have already been done
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan