Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 1 CRV, Gen 3 CRV

Question 3rd gen CRV bluetooth

Hey all, this is a question for anyone with the Honda CRV bluetooth kit installed in their 3rd gen.

I got the kit cheap off eBay and installed it myself. It works, but I've noticed that when a call is active the phone call is only on the passenger side speaker.

Is this supposed to be the case?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CR-V III Sport 2.4 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyl View Post
    I've noticed that when a call is active the phone call is only on the passenger side speaker.

Is this supposed to be the case?

May be it's done to prevent interference with the microphone on the driver side?

Can you post a link to the set you bought? Was it designed specifically for Honda?

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 1 CRV, Gen 3 CRV
    The link isn't available on ebay anymore, but it was a sealed genuine Honda bluetooth kit. Exactly the one you see here: http://crv.honda.com.au/optional-extras.aspx

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    Maybe you only connect it to the passenger side?
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 1 CRV, Gen 3 CRV
    The installation was pretty straightforward though - there was no real distinction between L/R connections. I've checked the wiring just to be sure though.

The kit has two main modules. One is the one you see on the A pillar. This is connected to a black box that's mounted to the car frame underneath the gear stick on the driver side. This hooks up to the back of the radio. That was a matter of unplugging the car's harness to the radio, plugging the car harness into the blackbox's piggyback harness that went back into the radio.

http://www.sunny.id.au/crv/bt.jpg

Essentially theres pretty much no chance that anything could have been mis-wired because of the harness/connectors used, so I just wondered if anyone had this factory installed on their CRV and what it was like when they got a call through.