Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    So OEM is the go then..
    Its goin to save me thinking about it knowing once its done, its done.
    Honda in the Gong is a rip off from what i can determine.

Currently It feels like im driving a different car everyday. One day its fine and the next its rough a three day growth!

Going to do fuel filter, oil, oil filter, air filter, gearbox oil, throttle clean and a good early morning highway cobweb clean. Hope that helps fix the problem..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You sure it is not caused by fuel quality?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Aaron, I see what you are trying to say, but in reality there is no difference.

It's all made in the same place, the same garbage just in a different package,

The Euro is no Murcialago LP640 for me to be forking out so much more for all the parts from Honda

Each to their own though

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    Aaron, I see what you are trying to say, but in reality there is no difference.

It's all made in the same place, the same garbage just in a different package,

The Euro is no Murcialago LP640 for me to be forking out so much more for all the parts from Honda

Each to their own though
    I beg to differ, especially with filters. I work in the filtration industry, and filters are not made in the same place. Our company has filters all made by our own factories in different locations around the world. And the same filter model with same micron rating have different performance characteristics, eventhough all the factories are ours with our specs. So imagine comparing an OEM to a 3rd party made filter. It would be different, either in performance, quality or both.

Also, a $20 difference over 4 years is nothing. I'd pay that extra $5 a year if it means going from 3rd party unknown to OEM. Rather have that than a stuffed up injector.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    As I said Aaron, I understand where you are coming from, but still each to their own dude.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by xxb4xx View Post
    As I said Aaron, I understand where you are coming from, but still each to their own dude.
    Cool cool. Sorry if I am coming on as being pushy for oem.

Iv been using Mobil s8000 on all my cars from the same place and never had a drama but that doesnt mean they didnt get a bad batch..

Iv only had the car for a month and id like to KNOW whats been changed and what hasnt- cant alwasy trust a stamp in a book to tell you its actually been done!

Also, checked the spark plugs, and they show definitive signs of wear. The car has done 67k, so might do them too.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by mikka33 View Post
    Also, checked the spark plugs, and they show definitive signs of wear. The car has done 67k, so might do them too.
    Good idea.Then you'll have covered everything.I replaced my plugs at 60K and noticed a bit of a difference.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    What did it look like that indicated wear? The stock plugs have a needle tip, a gap of 1.1mm and are meant to last 120,000km

New age spark plugs have a wear indicator built in.

They will show yellowing on the porcelin to show amount of use.
    (thats what my uncle who worked for Champion Spark Plugs told me anyway)

SEE PIC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SparkPlugWorn.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	12802  

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    New age spark plugs have a wear indicator built in.

They will show yellowing on the porcelin to show amount of use.
    (thats what my uncle who worked for Champion Spark Plugs told me anyway)

SEE PIC
    That is the corona stain and is NOT an indicator of spark plug wear. You can use new plugs and run it for 20,000km in 1 year and get that yellowing eventhough the spark plug is meant to last 120,000km or 6 years.

http://www.ngkspark.com.au/sparkplug_tech.php
    Last edited by aaronng; 15-12-2009 at 10:56 AM.