Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    wrong... my filter at best in oem on a civic wouldn't last 2yrs, as QLD is full of construction, debris from constant road construction/bridge construction/concrete dust, bush fires, polution etc etc. (When you clean a pod or panel you can see why I clean mine every oil change as it's filthy! lol oem filters are 30 and are rubbish, I would change them every other oil change at a min but at 70 for a k&n at the time it has long ago paid itself off

With a k&n for $70 not 120, thats a rip off, ebay is your friend lol (or even $40US now with current exhange for a pod item)

oiling is pretty straight forward, would be pretty hard over oiling even if you didn't read the instructions, haven't heard that bs from anyone out of the hundreds of people I know that use reuseable filter units
    i agree just one thing though, be careful about cleaning the air filter too often. a little bit of dirt especially on oiled filters helps improve the filtration of the filter. as you say, whether you can realise an economic benefit depends entirely on the quality of the air around where you drive.

though honestly, i think noone buys a K&N primarily for economic reasons. mostly i think it's because we get sucked in by the marketing (i can honestly say my K&N panel filter has done absolutely nothing to the performance of my car )

i've never heard of an over-oiled filter making a TB sticky? i've heard of it destroying hot-wire MAF sensors, but whether it was the filter that caused this, or the AFM was about to crap itself anyway, is debatable

I changed my fuel filter at 87,000km. I just saw the old filter still sitting on the shelf, so I cut it open, doesn't look too bad, probably worth changing:

Also found the plugs I changed at 73,000km, these probably didn't need replacing:

Unless there is a significant price difference, i'll always lean towards OEM filters.

i replaced the oem auto trans filter with a inline magnefine filter http://www.bossproductsusa.com/products.html , also noticed that the trans magnetic drain bolt had a lot of fines on it after only 10k from new so now will drop the auto fluid every 5k to 10k and clean the magnetic drain bolt and also replace the magnefine filter after 20k.
    paul