Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    I will do a DIY thread for this as its really hard to do some research - been studying this for a week now

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by raffyboy View Post
    sorry for bumping but i need more answer - For the setup above photo is that pretty much the same for b16a motors?

I was checking mine last week the hose from my engine (rocker cover) goes to the CAI not in the manifold like the photo above

Please let me know if I am wrong or correct as I am installing mine this weekend.
    Same for B16A. Look at the photo again. Rocker cover does go to the intake pipe in the diagram/photo. See how it shows 'before' the Throttle Body? This is equivalant to your CAI.

At idle your throttle body is CLOSED, therefore causes a vacume in the intake manifold, sucks open the pcv valve and draws air through the engine: intake arm, rocker cover, through engine, out through black box, pcv valve, intake manifold. Thats why you need the catch can in this path as it can collect oil particals before being sucked in to the intake manifold.
    Deano.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R and M35
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01 View Post
    Same for B16A. Look at the photo again. Rocker cover does go to the intake pipe in the diagram/photo. See how it shows 'before' the Throttle Body? This is equivalant to your CAI.

At idle your throttle body is CLOSED, therefore causes a vacume in the intake manifold, sucks open the pcv valve and draws air through the engine: intake arm, rocker cover, through engine, out through black box, pcv valve, intake manifold. Thats why you need the catch can in this path as it can collect oil particals before being sucked in to the intake manifold.
    Thanks mate I will check this on the weekend and will take photos after