Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by bo279 View Post
    anyone else found the race boring?
    Less overtaking since the cars are heavier and only 1 tyre change in that race which meant less chances to overtake again during pitting time. Oh well........
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    Quote Originally Posted by bo279 View Post
    anyone else found the race boring?
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Less overtaking since the cars are heavier and only 1 tyre change in that race which meant less chances to overtake again during pitting time. Oh well........
    tbh i fell asleep after the first round of pit stops..
    mostly because i was tired but as aaron said above, less overtaking / position changes.

Alot of that did happen in the pitt stops & alot of strategy was involved with fuel levels during quali & re-fueling during races etc..

I understand the removing all that puts more emphasis on the drivers skill and the ability of the mechanics & pitt crew to preform better under pressure and passing on the track as opposed to the overtaking being done in the pitt..

Cant say im totally convinced with all the new rules yet.. but i feel they have shot themselves in the foot
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    eg h22a
    yeah too many blue collars in my opinion

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    The last few seasons have had far too many rule changes and its killing the sport. Why can't they just leave it as is? The whole not being able to change tyres on race day was pathetic.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I think the lack of fuel stops and whole conservation of tyres makes the race a little boring at the start and by the time the fuel becomes a real issue, the gaps are too big to do anything about it!

I agree it was boring once the race settled.

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    there was more interest watching the back runners as they were going at it.... othere than those guys the rest of the race was very boring..

why they took the fuel stops out for safety reasons i really dont know... the speeds they get upto is dangerous..

all they had to do was enable the car to stay raised till the fuel pourer was removed then drop the car and release it..

maybe even reduce the size of the tank to have more stops too.. the V8s were good to watch..
    once the othre teams get upto speed then i recon it will become a good race..

cant wait to watch a wet race then all the cars are equal.. it then becomes the driver..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by big tone View Post
    why they took the fuel stops out for safety reasons i really dont know... the speeds they get upto is dangerous..
    Too many fueling mistakes where the pump failed or the guy who was putting the fuel in did not remove the hose on time. You can't totally remove human error without removing the process itself. So they removed fueling.

Also remember that fueling was introduced in the 90's to encourage overtaking. Before that, there was no refueling.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    99 EKC7
    true true.. i guess the first race was s big shake down for most of the teams.. hopefully things will pick up..

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1900-hustler View Post
    lol hahah - damn misleading gp advantage..
    im guessing all those who bought grandstand tickets have 'gp advantage' although i could be wrong..
    Nah, my understanding is that to be GP advantage you have to buy the grandstand seats before December...

Either way, i hope its not too crowded! LOL i shouldve know better

im down the front on the Jones stand
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Hate all these new rules.
    Very much agreed with others in the fact that F1 has got very boring.
    I'll still watch it as i do enjoy it but dislike the new rules.

No fuel stops is ****ing ridiculous IMO.
    Overtaking due to drivers error and pressure very rarely happens, drivers are training to deal with the pressure of an opponent behind them.

If they standardize engines for everyone, ill never watch F1 again.

On a good note, this years F1 seems to have alot more people buying tickets so hopefully it'll be up on last years sales

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    lewis hamilton got done tonight for fishtailing out of albert park in his c63 lol.
    got his car impounded

lulz

FORMER Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton was caught hoon driving and had his car impounded tonight.

The English McLaren driver did a burnout and a fishtail along Lakeside Drive in front of a Victoria Police divisional van that pulled him over.

Hamilton, who was visibly upset, had his car towed away and impounded and will also receive a fine.

It is understood he told policemen at the scene that he was worried this would dent his reputation.

The Herald Sun understands that he was not taken back the police station for questioning.

The incident happened between 9.30 pm and 10 pm tonight.

In 2007, Hamilton was banned from driving in France after being clocked driving at 123mp/h (around 200km/h).

He was given an on-the-fine and his sports car was impounded by French police.
    Last edited by tRipitaka; 26-03-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

lol watta ****ing dickhead.. Saw that on the heraldsun website...
    Everyone writing comments have mixed reactions
    "He knows what he was doing, he has full control of the car"
    "Ban him from the race"

LOL... Idiots...