Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by albii View Post
    Dude, the MPS is an incredible little car, an absolute rocketship.
    380nm of torque out of 2.3l is awesome, (WRX 2.5 only gets 343nm).
    On the highway , a ralliart , megane, gti, XR5 won't touch it plus u can't go wrong with mazdas fit and finish.
    I'm considering the 3 MPS as my next car.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k, bb6
    Dude, the MPS is an incredible little car, an absolute rocketship.
    380nm of torque out of 2.3l is awesome, (WRX 2.5 only gets 343nm).
    On the highway , a ralliart , megane, gti, XR5 won't touch it plus u can't go wrong with mazdas fit and finish.
    agree and ive been in one and the interior finish esp the luxury with all the leather and red stitchin is freakin incredible. shits all over any of the hondas

(however for some weird reason, i do like the fd2 speedo. space ship like lol)
    僕の名前はTony です。

I need a new car....lol

Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i am still getting used to the silly grin on the 3 tho.

and if u talk about interior, Golf shits all over the 3.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I'm considering the 3 MPS as my next car.
    Prepared to be dissappointed regarding nvh compared to even the cl9, but huge grin factor is the performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post

GTI ?U wanna check the price of a new GTI, it would wanna be shitting on the 3.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda acccord
    I like the idea of Mazda promoting their Mps.

With the luxury pack, you can get Sat nav, Bluetooth, Bi Xenons and Bose Sound system.

my bro in-law has an xr5, they're pretty fun cars and yes, the low end torque is incredible in day to day driving, especially compared to a type r.
    i can't compare with a fn2r as i haven't driven one, but compared with a dc5r, the xr5 is much more of a cruiser and comfy. in the R you have to constantly change gears, whereas in the xr5 you can just stay in any gear and it still pulls you along.
    the xr5 definately has more body roll.

personally i'd still go the R, as i'd much prefer the raw feeling of the R.
    day to day: xr5 hands down. but the rawness of the R overrides the torque of the xr5 for me anyway..LOL

but reading bout your needs, i think the xr5 would suit you best.

hope this helps. haha

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Luxury
    what is all this complete bullsh!t about a turbo car somehow being less reliable or more expensive to maintain?
    I won't rabbit on, but essentially over the years i have owned several turbo cars, 3 of them being Saabs, 2 of those being Aeros - High Output Turbo (HOT) models. In my experience cars that are fitted with turbo's at the factory, cars that were DESIGNED to be turbocharged, are JUST as reliable as any N/A car i have owned.

The problems arise when you have people who think it would be cool to boost their P.O.S 20 year old civic, vehicles not meant to be turbocharged.

oh and +1 for the 3 MPS.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboturbo View Post
    what is all this complete bullsh!t about a turbo car somehow being less reliable or more expensive to maintain?
    I won't rabbit on, but essentially over the years i have owned several turbo cars, 3 of them being Saabs, 2 of those being Aeros - High Output Turbo (HOT) models. In my experience cars that are fitted with turbo's at the factory, cars that were DESIGNED to be turbocharged, are JUST as reliable as any N/A car i have owned.

The problems arise when you have people who think it would be cool to boost their P.O.S 20 year old civic, vehicles not meant to be turbocharged.

oh and +1 for the 3 MPS.
    Spot on...

You could get a 2007 Evo 9 for around the 40k mark. Practically new!

Quote Originally Posted by jimboturbo View Post

oh and +1 for the 3 MPS.
    Spot on...
    My current car is an 93 Toyota MR2 turbo and the engine is still healthy even with minor mods - manifold, exhaust, boost controller, b.o.v...

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post

I'm not a fan of VW however I agree with the interior comment.The Mazda 3's interior looks cheap.
    A few o/s tests have also shown that a DSG GTI is only a few tenths slower to the 1/4 mile compared to the MPS3.
    Touring along winding roads also showed that the GTI was a tad slower but more composed than the MPS3.It appears that torque steer is still an issue with the MPS3.
    Just going back to the 1/4 mile figure,the MPS3 seems to be averaging about 14.6 secs in reviews isn't that a tad slow for a 2.3L DI turbo
    Taking into account that it looks like a little station wagon and the silly smiley grille,resale value may also be adversely affected.
    The XR5 is a good car,if finances are a concern,at the moment they're $34,990 driveaway however,it does not have the sharpness of the current lsd FN2.
    The same with the WRX,fast but not as sharp in the handling and gear changing.Also it does pitch and roll somewhat more than the FN2.
    “The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred”-Soichiro Honda.

-Owned 2007 FN2 Civic Type R