Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camber wear

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Your toe settings can cause some camber wear so yes a wheel alignment could help but it doesnt totally resolve your camber wear issue. If your a tightarse and you got rear camber wear as well then put a few washers in between where the rear camber arm gets bolted to the vehicles chasis and that should resolve the rear's problem.
    mugen無限power

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_vtec View Post
    Your toe settings can cause some camber wear so yes a wheel alignment could help but it doesnt totally resolve your camber wear issue. If your a tightarse and you got rear camber wear as well then put a few washers in between where the rear camber arm gets bolted to the vehicles chasis and that should resolve the rear's problem.
    ohk thanks for the input man, the funny thing is, the rear is fine, just the front, which i gues sis some conselation. i think ill buy a front camber kit off US ebay, putting it in is another thing hahah.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    when u lower ur car ur toe settings change, and its excessive toe that eats tyres, not so much the camber.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    when u lower ur car ur toe settings change, and its excessive toe that eats tyres, not so much the camber.
    ok cool, so how do i change the toe? lol

cheers for all the help guys

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Zdster (Mike) sent me this email ages ago and I kept it,cause it really sums it all up!

"Brett,

My suggestion is to put the coilovers in and the new wheels on and then get a wheel alignment. Odds are, you probably wont even need a camber kit - as long as you get your toe as close to zero as possible.

If you can get your toe to zero and your camber is roughly even on both sides, then all you need to do is rotate your tyres every 5/10,000km and you should be fine.

My car is lowered at the moment (on pretty hard coilovers) and runs 15's (an ek hatch), my toe is zero and have about -2degrees of camber with no camber kit and is perfect.

Mike"

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron182 View Post
    ok cool, so how do i change the toe? lol

cheers for all the help guys
    wheel alignment!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Killa From Manila View Post
    wheel alignment!!
    hahahah so im an idiot, probably should have picked up on that earlier. cheers mate.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Zdster (Mike) sent me this email ages ago and I kept it,cause it really sums it all up!

"Brett,

My suggestion is to put the coilovers in and the new wheels on and then get a wheel alignment. Odds are, you probably wont even need a camber kit - as long as you get your toe as close to zero as possible.

If you can get your toe to zero and your camber is roughly even on both sides, then all you need to do is rotate your tyres every 5/10,000km and you should be fine.

My car is lowered at the moment (on pretty hard coilovers) and runs 15's (an ek hatch), my toe is zero and have about -2degrees of camber with no camber kit and is perfect.

Mike"

OK thanks mate, ill definantly get one with the new tyres tomorrow then. also just looked inside that guards and i think scrubbing when turned at full lock may have something to do with it to as there are MASSIVE scrub marks on the inside of the guard which i didnt notice before, so ill have to take a mallet or something to the guards perhaps.
    thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Oh damn,not sure what to do there,hisoka should

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    rubbing the plastic thing? wouldn't really worry about that
    i mean how often do you full lock while driving

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I think the chassis cause a mallet

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnY View Post
    rubbing the plastic thing? wouldn't really worry about that
    i mean how often do you full lock while driving
    its not plastic though, it seems to be metal of some description haha. ill try take some pics after chrissy and put em up to try show you what i mean.