Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

CL9 No hazads when locking/unlocking

Hi guys,

Hopefully you can all help me to resolve this.

I noticed when unlocking the car via the honda key remote a couple of days ago, there was no flashing from the indicators anymore. This also includes when locking the car.
    I've also noticed that the security light is not flashing on the cluster when locked.
    Also, when locked and you leave a window down and wait 1 min, and unlock the door from the inside and open the door. The horn also does not sound.
    It seems the whole immobiliser unit has stopped working.

I've tried the following to attempt to rectify the problem,
    - Checked all doors, boot lid & bonnet and all not ajar
    - Disconnected and reconnected car battery
    - Checked owners manual for a fuse. (I couldn't find a fuse for the unit, hopefully somebody knows where it is! )

The only thing is that i got a bluetooth car kit fitted 2 weeks ago by my friend who is an auto electrican. I don't think that's caused the problem, but you never know?

Lucky i've still got warranty, but. I hate taking my car to Honda

Ohh, btw: Does anybody know where the immobiliser control unit is in the euro?

If you have any ideas on what the problem is or if you have experienced it yourself, please post

Thanks all,

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Have you checked your fuses? Do your indicators work when you turn them on? Do they work when you press the hazard light button? Since your horn doesn't work, I say it is a blown fuse.

Check fuse 13 in the engine bay first. Then check fuse 7 and 19 under the dash.

The immobiliser consists of 3 parts. The chip in your key, the chip reader just at the ignition barrel and the ECU. There isn't a separate control unit.
    Last edited by aaronng; 27-12-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Honda Accord Euro
    not only that it could also be that it aint actually locking and only flashes when all locks are locked...

i get the same problem but i know that my Passenger side doesnt lock up so i have to lock it by hand and when i do *flash flash* its locked and secured so check that too =D
    BraXtas Ride

List of parts added
    - Exhaust system - Custom CAI setup - K&N Air Filter - Rockford Fosgate Speaker setup with punch 2 Subs - J's Racing Front Strut bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks for the replys,

The indicators, hazards ect all work. Only when locking & unlocking remotly the hazards do not flash, but the doors unlock & lock still. Even the boot remote still works. The horn does not sound when i set off (break in) to the car after it's been locked for sometime. But the horn works fine from the steering wheel.

I'll check the above fuses to be sure though and report back.

Cheers,

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I checked fuse 13 under the hood. And 7 & 29 under the dash.

There all fine.

Hmm, this is weird. Does this mean my ECU could be shot as it's all one unit? I mean, everything works perfect. Only the immobiliser & flashing hazards when locking/unlocking seems to be stuffed.

Any other thoughts ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Are you 100% positive that all doors are locking via the remote? Because thats the exact problem I had when my hazards wouldn't flash and immobilizer wouldn't engage. I spent a day troubleshooting to later realize that my passengers door wouldn't lock by itself.

It was the door lock actuator. My drivers ones starting to get a bit sluggish now too, like its not getting enough power, I'll probably be replacing it soon.

If not, after all possible DIY trouble shooting I would be taking it to Honda or a decent Auto Electrician
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Check what Braxta said. Check that every door is locked when you press the button.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks guys, i should of mentioned. I have checked the above to make sure each door is locking.

I have a feeling it started to do this when i used the spare key. Maybe the barrel transponder has failed or something since using the spare key.

BTW: I have tried unlocking/locking ect with both key remotes.

Hmm, any other ideas people?

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    tknova, I had the exactly same problem as yours with my CL9 just before I sold it to an auction house. All the signs and symptoms were exactly the same as yours. mine was bought new Nov 03.

It happened straight after a battery replacement. I am not sure if it was just a coinsident or the battery replacement process actually upset the immobiliser / alarm. Did your battery get disconnected when installing the bluetooth thing??

Mind you my battery replacement was done by RACQ battery rescue service. I am sure the qualified tech has followed all the correct procedures.

I did check all the fuses and the door locks, they all worked fine.

I still havn't work out the real cause of the problem and the fix to it. It was the only blemish of my proud CL9 when the auction house took over it.

Sorry tknova I couldn't help you much here, but hopefully you have good news to report very soon.

At the meantime, I'd suggest a good old trusty steering wheel lock.
    Last edited by PNR888; 30-12-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by PNR888 View Post
    tknova, I had the exactly same problem as yours with my CL9 just before I sold it to an auction house. All the signs and symptoms were exactly the same as yours. mine was bought new Nov 03.

It happened straight after a battery replacement. I am not sure if it was just a coinsident or the battery replacement process actually upset the immobiliser / alarm. Did your battery get disconnected when installing the bluetooth thing??

Mind you my battery replacement was done by RACQ battery rescue service. I am sure the qualified tech has followed all the correct procedures.

I did check all the fuses and the door locks, they all worked fine.

I still havn't work out the real cause of the problem and the fix to it. It was the only blemish of my proud CL9 when the auction house took over it.

Sorry tknova I couldn't help you much here, but hopefully you have good news to report very soon.

At the meantime, I'd suggest a good old trusty steering wheel lock.
    I was there when they installed the bluetooth, and they didn't disconnect the battery. Seems like this is going to be a trip to Honda. I will post an update 'if' Honda can find the problem

Stuff the steering lock though

Thanks to all for your input.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord EURO
    check if your bonnets closed properly.
    wunna fight Q('.'Q)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 CL9 5 AT lux nav
    almost a year later you think a reply is useful?