Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    the fujita costs about 270 , the injen 300 or so.....
    for an extra hundred what may i ask you prefer?
    the j's intake isnt better than CAI system.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    the fujita costs about 270 , the injen 300 or so.....
    for an extra hundred what may i ask you prefer?
    the j's intake isnt better than CAI system.
    K&n filter, oem box, cut the down section off the resonator so it feeds into the guard and remove rest.

Spend rest on other aspects of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_foy View Post
    K&n filter, oem box, cut the down section off the resonator so it feeds into the guard and remove rest.

FTW.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R

a lot of ppl love this mod... but honestly, i had this on my car (although it was a trust/spoon drop-in filter in stock box) and my resonator was gone... it was okay... but then i put on a Mugen CAI and it just kills this DIY mod...

so much response... yes i know its an expensive CAI but i have never regretted getting it. next best thing is probably the Injen due to its bang for bucks feature...

and if u can't afford it coz ur a dole bludger... too bad? haha! get a job, save up, and get a mugen... as they say, do it right the first time!

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    the only reason i would see people rocking that mod is either they are scared to get defected or they are just cheap.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    im not a dole bludger lol, im a professional automotive engineer. i can afford one but why should i? note all reasons already listed above, plus i get cheap blaupunkt gear so a hunj or two is not a small saving in terms of audio gear. got meself some ducting today, planning a 100mm intake under the front bar should be nice weather, i'll try get some wicked doco happening... I am planning not just CAI now but also a degree of rammage. I drove down my street holding the ducting out the window hehe theres some decent flow at 40-60kph

just spent the start of the evening researching and it seems that k&n pods are indeed illegal in victoria - only dry element pods are allowed... it also seems that there is NO legal requirement to house the filter in an airbox for an efi engine (but if it is hidden, there's a good chance mr plod wont see your illegal oil based filter and less chance of needing a "its just a dry filter" excuse). havent yet found a reg that says you can't strap a massive duct under your front bar only ground clearance requirements....

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    the legalities are important mate, but viewing what you have done to date you arent going to get pinged for the K&N, because they wont open the box! paint it all black and you wont have a problem!
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra VTi-R
    hehe yeh, i just thought i better do the "right" thing and find out for myself exactly what is ok... also i had a quick go at fitting the ducting but it was getting dark so i stopped and reassembled the car - just looks like im going to want it directly under the bar/splash tray and it looks kinda obvious so i thought i better suss it out.

you're right tho, i doubt they can ask/demand that i open the airbox on the basis of a silver duct nor could they really issue a defect without seeing the pod (i want to leave the duct silver for heat reasons, and practically itl be hard to paint)

having said that i have had a fair bit to do with the police and cars in the past, especially when i was a teenage hoon menacing the streets of perth, and i know that if they want blood, theyl get it - one of my canaries on the mr2 was for a "dirty engine bay" LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    Quote Originally Posted by toix View Post
    im not a dole bludger lol, im a professional automotive engineer. i can afford one but why should i? note all reasons already listed above, plus i get cheap blaupunkt gear so a hunj or two is not a small saving in terms of audio gear. got meself some ducting today, planning a 100mm intake under the front bar should be nice weather, i'll try get some wicked doco happening... I am planning not just CAI now but also a degree of rammage. I drove down my street holding the ducting out the window hehe theres some decent flow at 40-60kph

just spent the start of the evening researching and it seems that k&n pods are indeed illegal in victoria - only dry element pods are allowed... it also seems that there is NO legal requirement to house the filter in an airbox for an efi engine (but if it is hidden, there's a good chance mr plod wont see your illegal oil based filter and less chance of needing a "its just a dry filter" excuse). havent yet found a reg that says you can't strap a massive duct under your front bar only ground clearance requirements....
    oh yeah, i didn't target u as the dole bludger, i just mentioned it coz someone else proclaimed to be a dole bludger...

but its true, ppl can't justify spending so much for a Mugen CAI... all i can say is, if u buy one and see the difference first hand, it will be justified for you.

and good job having a go at DIY... wish i could do that stuff...

interested in pics of how ur planning on setting up the ducting

i have tried this diy and i feel that removing the cut resonator pipe much better as the pipe is blocking most of the cold air, opposed to having k&n filter+airbox and free flowing air
    Last edited by xQuizit; 02-01-2010 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imratedpg View Post
    all u had to do was break of ur old air filter and stick the pod to the end of it or buy the replacement k&n
    yeh you should of rip the old filter of the adapter, so the k&n filter can connect to it. otherwise you will have a large gap behind the airbox where cold air can escape and hot air to enter
    Last edited by xQuizit; 02-01-2010 at 09:35 PM.