Thread: running 2 amps

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car

running 2 amps

hello im thinking about running 2 amps if i dont find a cheap 4 channel alpine or jaycar amp

just wondering HOW DO I DO THIS with the RCA, remote, umm is tehre any other cables..i know for ppower all i need is a distribution block or sumthing so das ok...
    pictures diagrams would be great---

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Oldschool EF
    ooh yea

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    hahah crazy stuff dat amp looks like mine ahahah

great write up thong

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    "remote wire can be used in series"

that's in parrallel in the diagram, not series...if it was in series it would pass THROUGH the first amp and then onto the second out of an output of sorts...this does not occur in generic amps, if any amps at that in regards to remote switches...just a technicality I couldn't help pointing out...good diagram but

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    holy crap!

that was quick and handy bum! nice!
    when do we hit vtec?

Hey guys when i installed my amp i couldnt connect my remote wire like that ! it could only take enough power to turn on one or the other!

So what i did if anyone gets the same problem! Get a circuit tester (or watever u wanna call it) ground it and test the ports in ur fuse box!

You have to test for ports in ur fuse box under the dash that have power when the accessories are turned on but has no power when the car is turned off!

If u find one then u can just use this for a remote cable! You can buy the clips to connect to ur fuse box at jay car or most car elextrical shops! This works well but i personally just use this one 4 my sub!
    If this is confusing tell me what u dont get ill fully explain it!

Quote Originally Posted by shashora
    Hey guys when i installed my amp i couldnt connect my remote wire like that ! it could only take enough power to turn on one or the other!

So what i did if anyone gets the same problem! Get a circuit tester (or watever u wanna call it) ground it and test the ports in ur fuse box!

You have to test for ports in ur fuse box under the dash that have power when the accessories are turned on but has no power when the car is turned off!

If u find one then u can just use this for a remote cable! You can buy the clips to connect to ur fuse box at jay car or most car elextrical shops! This works well but i personally just use this one 4 my sub!
    If this is confusing tell me what u dont get ill fully explain it!
    Must be honest, you've lost me with that post. What is a port on the fuse block got to do with the remote turn on wire?

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    i too am totally confused now LMAO

Member Array
    Car:
    happy car
    oh yeah got a pic of wat a RCA splitter is LMAO
    im total ICE nooB===
    simple diagram will be fine ^_^

sorry guys lol well the port on the fuse box u know the one below ur steering wheel! well u hvae spare ports there!
    Some of the ports have power at diffrent times! ie when u turn on accesories power will go to some ports and then u turn off accesories power will stop! This is good to use for a remote cable because like the one on the back of ur head unit it sends power to the amp, when the accesories are turned on and turns off when u turn it off!
    So this will act exactly like a remote cable! if ur in sydney i dont mind showing u for free, just pm me!