Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

Major Service question

Hi all,

Got my 100,000km service for DC5R and was told by Hanny's that the following will be changed. I wanted to save money by purchasing my own products and was wondering if i'm missing anything from the list.

- Spark Plugs (NGK Iridium Sparks (ZFR6FIX-11))
    - Engine Oil (Castrol Edge 5W-30)
    - MTF
    - Coolant

Furthermore, was wondering if the ZFR6FIX-11 spark plug is compatible with the k20a on the DC5R. Will I just need the 1 spark plug or a set of X?

Much appreciated
    Last edited by cupnoodle; 04-01-2010 at 07:51 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic hatch
    IFR7G-11KS is what you need and 4. about 15-20 bux a plug. so its a iridium,resistor type,heat range-7, no idea about G style maybe, 1.1mm gap, no idea bout ks. basically your zfr6fix-11 but more up to date. Think the service life on this is 100,000 too, just check when you buy laser iridium is 100k and iridium ix is 60,000.
    Last edited by chowdaa; 04-01-2010 at 09:56 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Could anyone recommend which manual transmission fluid and coolant for DC5R? I'd love to save money on the major service by purchasing the parts myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    OEM fluids.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thanks for your detailed response, Chi. Much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    i would have to agree with chi

if you wanna be a tightarse, you can just buy any old coolant, and re use your current one and add water
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    OEM Gearbox fluid... and OEM coolant...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Honda OEM Gearbox fluid... and Honda OEM coolant... from Honda dealer.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    yeah supplying those particular parts yourself wil lsave you about $12 in total LOL.. dealerships dont make much profit on PARTS when you're having your car serviced the expense is from the LABOUR.

I'm not 100% sure what is involved in the DC5 'major' service.. but if your car is out of warranty, I'd just call up Honda Parts Dept. and order those parts - ask for trade price and then call 3 dealers to check the price.. then find a more experienced mate to help you do the service.. changing fluids and plugs etc is very easy once you've been shown how..

OEM Coolant is very good, however most of the 'tectalloy' style coolants arent too bad.. I would stay away from 'Black & Gold' and Savings brand etc.. ALWAYS use OEM Transmission Fluid.. Oils use what you like just keep the correct viscosity rating.. sparkplugs.. just get OEM and change them every 20,000kms.. forget this Iridium 100,000km service life rubbish.. yes the plug will last that long, but it's optimal performance would only last as long as it's clean and retains the correct gap etc. The plugs will definately be foulled well and truely into the 100,000kms.. all u need is on bad batch of fiel etc.. anyone who can show me photos of an iridium plug that have been used for 100,000kms in the same motor without being cleaned ??

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    You could save so much more money if you did it yourself. All you need is the tools and half a day.

Im pretty sure theres more than that list of 4 for a major service.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    i am planning to change my clutch fluid too, should I go for OEM or Redline MTL?

For DC5R too

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i would have to say after trying a whole pile of different oils and fluids in my Dc2 NOTHING beats OEM stuff from a honda dealer

Honda Coolent
    Honda Trans Fluid
    Honda FEO Oil
    Honda/Hamp Oil filter

these are top stuff =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680