Thread: car wont start

car wont start

hey guys
    recently my car wont start ive isolated the issue to the fuel supply system as the fuel pump is not primeing wen on reds, so i changed my main relay and still nothing and yes main relay works coz my ecu turns on to, so i jumped the wires for the pump from the main relay connecter and pump primes. so i got a new relay just in case but nothing still. this is where im confused is it the harness??? but then pump primes when its jumped.
    or is it the fuel pump but my pump is a brand new walbro pump.
    or is the relay stuffed coz i have 3 main relay and i switch between all 3 and have resoldered the dry spots and yet still nothing.

whats the problem????

thanks in advance guys
    EFB18CR
    backyard crx
    13.206 @106mph 2.111 60ft street tread
    12.688 @103mph 1.763 60ft full slicks

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    does the car crank over? check that you have voltage at the fuel pump.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Quote Originally Posted by Behtec_JunKIE View Post
    hey guys
    recently my car wont start ive isolated the issue to the fuel supply system as the fuel pump is not primeing wen on reds, so i changed my main relay and still nothing and yes main relay works coz my ecu turns on to, so i jumped the wires for the pump from the main relay connecter and pump primes. so i got a new relay just in case but nothing still. this is where im confused is it the harness??? but then pump primes when its jumped.
    or is it the fuel pump but my pump is a brand new walbro pump.
    or is the relay stuffed coz i have 3 main relay and i switch between all 3 and have resoldered the dry spots and yet still nothing.

whats the problem????

thanks in advance guys
    If you've tried to fix all three of the main relays, i'd be inclined to try one that is known to be working. If it still doesn't prime, check for voltage AT the relay. If none is there, trace it back until you find the break in the circuit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    did you recently have the walbro pump installed? if so, then you might have kinked/damaged a cable while putting your interior back in.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

K thanks guys I think it mite have a break in the circuit somewhere which sux lol nah cars been working with pump for over 6 months.
    EFB18CR
    backyard crx

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    Read this so you understand how the relay works.

Then hold the relay while you turn the car on. Feel for the relay switching (it'll click). Let me know which clicks work and which don't. Will help narrow down what the problem is.

If you're good with a multimeter, this site will also help to test what the problem is. If you don't understand the 2nd site too well then start by posting up which clicks work and which don't and I'll try and help.

cheers 02gzm i figured it out sort of well i figured it out that the relay is working but i think only one relay is working as power is not gettin to the fuel pump wire so i did a test to run reds power to the pump wire on the relay connecter and it works im gonna get a new relay from honda so i know it will work garranteed so yeh thanks man great help
    EFB18CR
    backyard crx

Member Array
    Car:
    B16A EG Civic
    np

I know how annoying a main relay can be.