Page 34 of 109 FirstFirst ... 24313233343536374484 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    also went to charlies at yennoora there was a B20VTEC crx with jun spec 3 head 12+ compression anyones on here? how much kw out of that beast?

if the ratios are different then yes output will be different. If ratios are the same, then the same output.
    by example, a longer final drive (i.e. a 4.9 vs a 4.7) will increase the torque at the wheels but reduce top speed.....

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Would make little difference on a dyno though....

B20VTEC Build Thread

the difference would be entirely relative to the change in ratio - but yep, i see the point above.

I went through the whole thread but found NO information on the PCV system for B20 vtec.
    Breather kit is a good start. Anyone got pics how its connected?

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    There has been a few good discussions about PCV setups in a few of the older B20 threads.

Here's a few posts that were made awhile back in my build thread..... not sure how helpful it is but Im sure others can expand further on some of the points made

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    also - you going to run a pcv system from teh back of the block?

you know about the Honda "spouts" from a Prelude (i think) that screw into the two hex plugs on the back of the block?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce View Post
    I dont think it is completely neccessary but it is probably a good idea since the 96+ blocks didnt come with a PCV tank on the back of the block. Reducing crankcase pressures stops blow-by and increases the life of the piston rings, some say it even gains a few hp from the engine being able to rev easier.
    whereas i think it IS completely necessary, as the PCV system for B20B engines is integrated with the valve cover - which is discarded when you add the VTEC head...
    i have taken it a step further by taking a large port off the front of the head - where there is a internal baffle,

much like this (but one big 3/4in hole - not two 1/2in holes):

i have my catch tank mounted high near the battery, and i use the i use one port on the back of the block as the drain back point...

this whole article belwo is quite valuable - even if you are not going "all the way"...

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/badtothebone/
    Yeah I was initially going to purchase the endyn breather kit, but they wanted $150 in shipping alone..... so I am just piecing togother my own, I plan to set mine up coming out one of those hex plugs to the top of the breather tank and then have it drain back into the other hex plug.
    yep, it is not ahrd... i use a $20 eBay canister - and have added my own brass fittings...
    I opted to spend a bit extra on a moroso breather tank since they are internally baffled

Also, here's more info on the setup I was running on my B20VTEC....

Quote Originally Posted by ZeForce
    I used the prelude oil cooler fittings (part# 11107-PK2-003 make sure you also get the matching washer for that part number) which you can get from honda, they fit in the back of the B series block where the 2 large hex plugs are. I was running two 1/2" rubber hoses to a moroso breather tank/catch can with a drain back. If you dont care about emissions you can just run it with a filter vented to atmosphere otherwise you will need a PCV valve and run it from your catch can to your IM.

This is the breather tank I was using, moroso are expensive but they are internally baffled

Last edited by ZeForce; 05-05-2010 at 08:46 PM.

B20VTEC Build Thread

RE b20's.....cant you just take the breather / oil seperator system off another b18c or b16a and run that like OEM ?

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    RE b20's.....cant you just take the breather / oil seperator system off another b18c or b16a and run that like OEM ?

B20VTEC Build Thread

thanks thats the exact answer why !

Hmm so what will happen to the inlet on the Intake mani where the orignial pcv hose connect to? Do you block that off?

Instead of taking both hex plugs off, cant u just take one off and use the other one on the IM via the breather kit?

That way the PCV system will be close to stock

Member Array
    Car:
    XR6 Turbo
    I just blocked off the port on my IM, otherwise I would have removed the filter from the top of the breather tank and ran a hose to my IM with a PCV valve. Also, you dont need to use both hex plugs but I used one as a drainage so I didnt have to worry about emptying it out and should also help the crankcase breathe more.

As they say there is more than one way to skin a cat....
    Last edited by ZeForce; 05-05-2010 at 10:26 PM.

B20VTEC Build Thread